Tiny Oil Filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Oil Filter?

Ok so I called Nissan and ordered an oil filter for my R33 GTR.

I gave them part number 15208-53J00. I found this online at multiple sources to be the right one.

I picked up the filter and its much smaller than the one on the car. It didn't mention anything about the filter being smaller on any of the sites where I got the part number.

Does anyone know the part number for the proper sized filter?

I know there are many threads on this subject but I haven't found an answer to my question yet. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

yea my rb26 came with small oil filter when i did the oil change, i use fram ph3682 from 300zx it is much bigger but it does fit no leak.

Comment

Ya chances are you had the 300zx filter on the car when you bought it and I don't think it's the same one but the 240sx one fits really well too and it's a lot easier to squeeze down into the tight space beside the block I'm sure you bought the right one.

Comment

its the same filter as 240sx

Comment

Ok just wanted to make sure, thanks for your help.

Are there any noticeable effects when using the smaller filter?

Comment

Oil capacity reduced by like 250 ml?
            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

my car had OEM filter 15208-60U00 from the last oil change, i replaced it with NAPA GOLD 1396 (toyota MR2 '91-'95 2.0L) filter...exact same size!

Comment

The correct filter is the 15208-53j00. Nissan replaced the 60u00 with the 53j00. That's what I run on mine. You should never run a fram on a Nissan.
                -Pat B R33 GTR-

Comment

Originally posted by JDMricer View Post
                  The correct filter is the 15208-53j00. Nissan replaced the 60u00 with the 53j00. That's what I run on mine. You should never run a fram on a Nissan.

Im running a fram synthetic filter... Whats the reasoning behind not using fram filters on nissans?
                  I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

They can cause problems with oil pressure, I believe it has to do with the way oil travels through the filter. The oil in a fram filter travels backwards through the anti drain back valve which can cause oil pressure problems. Not to mention google Fram filters, they are complete junk, they have a minimal amount of actual filter paper, the construction is very poor, they are known to come apart and completely block oil passages.
                    -Pat B R33 GTR-

Comment

the best oil filters to use are wix but if you want a serious filter buy a system1.

Comment

I see.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

fram filters are constructed without bypass valves. If there is a blockage in the filter, it will not allow any oil to pass through it. Most filters include a bypass valve so if your filter becomes blocked or gummed up, at least you will be getting dirty oil rather than none.
                          “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Good to know, thanks! Ill never buy a fram filter again lol
                            I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

I picked up a couple filters for my '90 GTR today and noticed quite the difference in size between the two.

Honeywell Defense - DL3682
                              GReddy OX-03 -13901103

Looking at these the Honeywell look like it is easily twice the volume of the GReddy, even on sale it was twice the price. I figured I try both out with my next two changes and log what the oil looks like after its drained.

The GReddy is designed by TRUST, not familiar with them at all. To be honest based on price and brand name I was surprised to see how much smaller the GReddy is compared to the Honeywell.

Comment

Working...
                              X