No announcement yet.

Single bw s300sx 8375 - input please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single bw s300sx 8375 - input please!!

Alright im about to place my order for my BW s300sx 8375

im getting it coated black with the 3" V-band

My goals are a decently quick spooling (before 5000rpm) 500-550 whp with meth.

my application is:

Fully built & balanced bottom end with top notch parts,
    rebuilt head with older type b's 264dur / 9.25 lift (new guides, seals, grind and port job)
    greddy t88 manifold with 50mm greddy type R wastegate to screamer pipe
    720cc's fed by a single sard 280lph in tank pump Aeromotive fpr + filter & tomei rail
    all held together with an aem ems v2 controlling boost and running from lamda's

to avoid writing out a long list of upgrades i'll just say that all the right supporting mods are taken care of!

What im wondering is how much boost might i be looking at running to achieve my goal? Im asking this because full race suggests upgrading the .91 A/R Twinscroll T4 housing to a 1.00 a/r T4 Twinscroll housing when running more than 25psi.

Personally i DONT want to run higher than 25 psi if i dont have to.

Any input or suggestions are appreciated!

hope to have this answered asap as i want to order my turbo!

Good choice Brent! I have to say for the money I think the bw airwerks line cannot be beat. The 83-75 is just one step down from my 91-79 and I spool at 5300 at 18psi. So it will be right around your goal of spooling before 5k. Keep in mind I have much bigger cams but it's a close estimate. I wouldn't upgrade the exhaust housing if I was you since you simply won't need it. You should be able to hit your 450 at rg with 20psi or less. I'm running the .91ar exhaust and it's fine.
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

I have almost identical setup and ran that exact turbo till it blew, which by the way was due to lack of oil pressure from oil pump. Hit 552awp with 23.29 psi.

Also just to note, that turbo didn't fit under my hood how it mounts with the fullrace manifold. Some bashing required lol.

PM me if you have any questions, as my build is pretty much identical
      Last edited by hozer; 07-17-2012, 05:06 PM.
      Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
      hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

excellent thank you! ordering tomorrow! woohoo.

Comment

good luck bro, this is also my choice for my upcoming turbo...cant beat that price.

Comment

So what's the big deal? I see that full boost (target boost) is still only coming in at 5500rpm. I get that, in fact even lower than that, with the most "ungodly lagfest knuckle dragger" turbo of all time (well, to be fair the T88-38GK is king). I really don't see the point of using a "600hp" turbo for the sake of "response" when you are still only hitting full boost above 5000 rpm.

Don't get me wrong, I love a big laggy turbo, I also love the low inlet temps too. The smaller/more responsive turbos heat the air up much more making tuning more critical and more conservative (translation: lame) if you're running pump fuel.

I will admit though the price is really good, if I was doing a twin setup on a 5.3 to a 6L V8, I would go with these.

Jon.
            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 07-18-2012, 05:06 PM.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

That seems a little laggy. Did you spend much time dialing in the cams at all? My gt4088r (larger) was spooling about the same if not better. I think your setup is missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Dude View Post
                That seems a little laggy. Did you spend much time dialing in the cams at all? My gt4088r (larger) was spooling about the same if not better. I think your setup is missing something.
                A GT4088R is not larger then the S300sx3, well the turbine is slightly but the compressor wheel is actually smaller.

The BW turbos put down some serious numbers. This is not a "600hp" turbo, more like 850hp. I just seen one put down 662Whp @ 25 psi on a dyno dynamics and they reach full boost around 5000 rpm on a 2J.

Untouchable bang for buck!!!

Edit: Sorry, I am referring to the 91-79.
                Last edited by Blackcossie; 08-08-2012, 01:21 AM.
                92 BNR32
                92 RNN14 12.92 @ 105mph (SOLD)
                86 Sierra Cosworth RS (clone)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcossie View Post
                  The BW turbos put down some serious numbers. This is not a "600hp" turbo, more like 850hp. I just seen one put down 662Whp @ 25 psi on a dyno dynamics and they reach full boost around 5000 rpm on a 2J. Untouchable bang for buck!!! Edit: Sorry, I am referring to the 91-79.
                  Do you mind posting/emailing me the 2JZ dyno chart you reference? I am interested to see, we have been very happy with this turbo so far - I have to agree bang-for-the-buck is unbeatable.

At World Time Attack in australia last weekend - the tilton interiors car used that turbo to become the fastest steel chassis/body time attack car in the world

Comment

You should look at the Bw s300sx fmw from full race. Dan from focused Motorsports is running one he's hitting 21 psi at 4300
                    95 R33 Gtr

RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Comment

Originally posted by cory View Post
                      You should look at the Bw s300sx fmw from full race. Dan from focused Motorsports is running one he's hitting 21 psi at 4300
                      That's serious response!

I actually just placed/paid my order on Monday. I'm pretty confident this Turbo is going to be exactly what I want with my setup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Cool post some pics when you get it
                        95 R33 Gtr

RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Comment

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
                          That's serious response!

I actually just placed/paid my order on Monday. I'm pretty confident this Turbo is going to be exactly what I want with my setup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                          Also got one of these... Looking forward to having it running soon! Serious response indeed
                          Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                          hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

No problem.

Originally posted by FullRaceGeoff View Post
                            Do you mind posting/emailing me the 2JZ dyno chart you reference? I am interested to see, we have been very happy with this turbo so far - I have to agree bang-for-the-buck is unbeatable.

At World Time Attack in australia last weekend - the tilton interiors car used that turbo to become the fastest steel chassis/body time attack car in the world
                            92 BNR32
                            92 RNN14 12.92 @ 105mph (SOLD)
                            86 Sierra Cosworth RS (clone)

Comment

Lol ,,,

i run a single bullseyes s362 double batmo- t4 flang , divided .91 AR , 4800 rpm full boost , 22 psi made 577 whp on stock motor wit head gasket n head stud , tomei cams , 260 , 9.1 lift,

THIS IS BOOST N POWER DYNO

AND THis is POWER N TORKE

if your engine is really build like u say ,

im telling u go for 750whp eazy !!!! Rb are beast !!! Just keep good fuel pressure !!!

Last edited by LuckyGTR; 08-17-2012, 05:37 PM.

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
                              2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

Working...
                              X