• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed my R32 GTR, any suggestions?

Before

After

Everyone was okay in the accident.
    What should I do?
    Im pretty sure that they will write this off, I never received word yet. But if they do Im going to buy it back from them.
    The thing is what should I do when I get it back?

I was thinking to get a R34 front end and pay a body shop to install it and I'll do the mechanical. But Im not sure if ill be over my head if I try this option?

Or should I just buy another r32 GTR and transfer the parts from my old one to the new one?

im not sure about the rules on a written off car and what it takes to re insuring,youll need to look into that before you consider that option, sorry to hear about your car look on the bright side everyone is ok
    understeer -is when you go off the road and see the tree that kills you
    oversteer-is when you go off the road backwards and dont see the tree that kills you

Comment

give me the car lol. seen this and came up on top tier.
      Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Best thing would be claim insurance, buy back the car from insurance, then buy another shell/car, transfer everything, and partout the rest.

From where im standing it looks like frame is bent, and shock tower on drivers side is moved (but pictures don't do it justice). You could buy a front clip and cut/weld but it'll be a $6-10k job and it'll never drive the same.

Comment

buy something cheaper and easier to drive.... oh and not rhd cause for every crash with a rhd, they multiply the risk factor by 10000
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

Sorry to see this :S what happened?
            how much does insurence want back from this?
            I would be willing to buy it, Im looking for a project... I only need the basic shell, depending on the damage

it was a nice looking Skyline!

Comment

It was my fault. I made a rookie mistake. I was making a left turn on a 3 lane intersection. The first 2 vehicles stopped for me (they were SUVs'). So I creeped up, I couldn't see around them on the third lane. Then I heard one the the vehicles honk at me. So I took a chance and went for it, but then I got hit. That night I was hurt and I couldn't sleep. But when I woke up in the morning I realized how lucky I was that my little brothers didn't get hurt or the person that hit me wasn't harmed neither. And also I was on the right side, if I was any further out I would have got hit my self. Thanks guys for the input. I think I will buy it back if it get written off and transplant everything onto the next skyline. And have a lot of spare parts

Comment

send me a pm when you start swapping stuff over. im always looking for stuff and im local
                Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

I dont mean to start a "i want this" mob in your thread, but if you do part the car and aren't keeping the rear trust gracer skirt in front of the wheels, i will.
                  Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

man o man. this is exactly why rhds have such a bad rep in canada. becuase "i couldnt see around and i decided to go for it" seriously? dont buy the car back youll just get in another accident
                    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

we all learn from our mistakes... I dont think that thats the real reason your rates are so high.. its prob the fact that its a RHD car lol very rare vehicles.. I wouldnt put the blame on him alone.. I say buy another skyline and keep doing what your doing

Comment

Its not so much an RHD thing, that type of situation where traffic is built up into an intersection and one guy stops to let you go through on a green with other lanes possibly coming through, you should NEVER go through. this is exactly why. you would've been smoked whether you were in this or a LHD car. I dont mean any disrespect by this cause I assume youre a younger guy like me but it comes with experience. Ive driven around 3-400,000kms in the nearly 5 years I've been licensed, that as well as working in a collision shop have let me see what happens first hand in certain situations where risks are taken.

moral of this, its not worth it, regardless of what car you drive or whichever asshole is honking behind you. they will be stuck at the light saying "get out of my way", but when you get T-boned and killed and they get to go home to their families, thats where you draw the line.

its just unfortunate because its one more tick on why RHD cars should be banned/justification for incredibly high insurance rates. glad everyones ok though.
                        Last edited by Oakville; 09-07-2012, 07:54 PM.
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Oakville and r32 junkie is right. Its not a rhd thing. I was low on sleep and the traffic was crazy. And I am looking to buy another gtr ASAP. I love that car

Comment

I somewhat agree with gtrjon , this has a knock on effect though the RHD and import industry in general. In my opinion if you are going to become a member of the minority that enjoys and drives these cars you have to have a level of awareness and responsibility far in excess of the regular LHD domestic drivers .

Believe that eyes are watching us over the long term recording the results of having these cars on the road here and realise that one day the industry will spit out statistics like these and use it as leverage to ban these awesome machines.

I'm glad you're not hurt and I also respect anyone can make an error of judgement but please reconsider how you intend to drive on the road before you bring this beast back from the dead or buy another.

In the position you were in you don't "go for it" under any circumstances , especially with passengers. You wait it out - even sit another red light if you have to . Safety is priority every second the engine is running . The is no such thing as an accident !

Comment

Originally posted by drift_077 View Post
                              It was my fault. I made a rookie mistake. I was making a left turn on a 3 lane intersection. The first 2 vehicles stopped for me (they were SUVs'). So I creeped up, I couldn't see around them on the third lane. Then I heard one the the vehicles honk at me. So I took a chance and went for it, but then I got hit. That night I was hurt and I couldn't sleep. But when I woke up in the morning I realized how lucky I was that my little brothers didn't get hurt or the person that hit me wasn't harmed neither. And also I was on the right side, if I was any further out I would have got hit my self. Thanks guys for the input. I think I will buy it back if it get written off and transplant everything onto the next skyline. And have a lot of spare parts
                              Even if on the right side of car, you still can't see past a SUV. SUV = big tall blind spot. At night time it's worse, as that's a nightmare scenario. I think the honk was a warning to stop (honk = watchout I'm here or warning type of thing), as probably saw car coming (3rd lane) in side mirror (lights of car).

Human beings have a flight or fight response to dangerous situations (in this case honking that you thought was being angry at you hence danger). Yours is obviously flight, but got you in trouble. You are human and make mistakes like everyone else. Just learn from it and move on. But you learnt a thing about yourself in the process, that you run from danger.
                              Last edited by Skym; 09-07-2012, 10:13 PM.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                              X