No announcement yet.

Crashed my R32 GTR, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Nah, don't think too hard. You might hurt your brain. If I ran from danger I would have blamed it on the other driver and not be so honest. Besides this topic is not about what kind of person I am or what could happen to all RHD vehicles. I simply asked if I should stay with my old R32 and go for the front R34 conversion or just buy another R32 and transplant the extra goodies that are on the old one.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes do that too much. It's just the way I read what you said. Fight response is to get aggressive, fly the bird, etc (road rage) and totally forget about moving while doing it (some do).

We have chatted about this in the past in another thread. To answer your question, I would change chassis (find chassis with a blown engine) if want higher resale value. If have the $$$ and want to keep current chassis, don't care about resale value, stick with what you have, as main part of chassis can be straightened out on a Car-O-Liner and front replaced with parts from a front cut. The front sections are spot? welded onto firewall. Probably not worth straightening them out (metal is weaker).

Car-O-Liner -

A short training video of Car-o-Liner's Car-O-Mech, mechanical measuring system.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Be careful when dealing with MPI. From what I understand If a vehicle is written off in "salvageable" condition they will move it to "irrepairable" if claimed in another accident, pretty much making it a parts car. Might want to contact an MPI rep about that one before you make a decision. If that is the case I'd just get a new GT-R. No point in paying insurance on a car they won't cover IMO.

BTW, if you dont mind me asking how much do you pay for insurance on that thing?

Comment

I didn't set out to critisize your driving ability but by stating the cause of the accident you do open yourself up to critisism.

You are posting on a forum that is populated by a large majority of RHD drivers , they all pay premium insurance rates because of this type of scenario so you are going to get some negative comments ( or positive advice depending on how you wish to look at it) .

If you just want opinions on what to do with the car - don't state the manner in which it came to be in that kind of condition remmeber the old saying - better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt ( and i'm not calling you a fool for the record ) .

BTW i would part the car out and start fresh - a car sustaining that type of damage will never be the same again no matter how much repair work is done !

Originally posted by drift_077 View Post
          ^^^Nah, don't think too hard. You might hurt your brain. If I ran from danger I would have blamed it on the other driver and not be so honest. Besides this topic is not about what kind of person I am or what could happen to all RHD vehicles. I simply asked if I should stay with my old R32 and go for the front R34 conversion or just buy another R32 and transplant the extra goodies that are on the old one.

Comment

depending how much it cost to buy it back, and how much you can find a suitable car with "blown engine" for example and then swap all parts over... it might just be best to not buy it from the insurance place and just get another gtr that works and done. you wont save yourself much by buying two busted ones, putting them together to make one and sell whats left. might come around to very similar outcome for $... and i mean if its 1000$ off or so, just forget the old one, by another gtr and done. no hardache, no work needing to be done. straight into a working car with no issues.

thats what id say to do for a piece of mind, but yeah calculate the expenses of getting two and the time and so forth.

good luck, glad everyone was ok after the crash.
            89 r32 sedan

Comment

Thanks for the great advice guys! I appreciate it. I guess I will have to buy another one. I think Ill start looking for a R32 gts4 sedan. When I do buy back my old gtr, I think im just going to keep the old girl and take my time fixing up. Btw my insurance was around $159 a month.

Comment

yes join the sedans!!! lol. and your insurance will be lower with a sedan, kuz its 4 door obvi, but its a much less powerful engine and stuff. mine is 135 a month and ive been driving for 2 years and thats will max coverage.
                89 r32 sedan

Comment

e30 + rb26dett = winning.

do it. seriously.

then just part out the rest of the gtr.
                  oh hai!

Comment

Originally posted by Black BNR32 View Post
                    e30 + rb26dett = winning.

do it. seriously.

then just part out the rest of the gtr.
                    my buddy is building a 1jz e30 right now
                    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

the force is strong with him
                      oh hai!

Comment

^^lol. I had a crazy idea to try that on my white E30 but I don't think I have enough mechanical skill to take it on.

Comment

Search google. I've seen conversion kits.

All the cool kids are doing it.
                          oh hai!

Comment

Do us a favor and get a damn civic or a LHD supra...we get enough bad rep for it being RHD already. If you can't see, don't risk it...who cares of people behind u honks at you. tool.
                            "Okay, were gonna play a little game called...Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

Comment

I don't think so **** head

Comment

4 door R32 GTR using 4 door R32 GTS-4 chassis -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                                X