X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension/coilovers/drop

hi, im pretty new here.
    got myself a BNR32. 1991.
    i was just wondering, do you guys have any suggestion for good suspension/coilovers?
    for the moment, i have the choices between Ohlin's and Tein's. if i wait till next april, my buddy will sell me his HKS coilovers.

lemme know guys. what coilovers are you guys rolling on and what you think about it or just give me some advice.

i need a suspension that i could drop the car pretty low and stiff.

thanks again.

Running tein comfort sport on mine, too soft. I also have them as low as they'll go. Have the settings cranked all the way up and still get body roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

If your going low buy some adjustable arms. Or youll regret it when you buy new tires...
      Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

well, I am going low, but not slammed on the floor, low enough for track and i need it stiff.

i think im going for ohlins.

what do you guys think?

Comment

I am also looking at the he'd. What are the adjustable arms needed and who makes them?

Comment

^^ FUCA's and RUCA's, and there are many different brands. I had driftworks in my last skyline and loved em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
            -Bruce Lee

Comment

i heard ams makes great products and also have ams control arms. For suspension if you wants stiff hks are pretty stiff
              Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

my hks hipermax give me a 1/4 inch travel! very painfull

Comment

i wanted to try hks, my friend has them but he find them not stiff enough for his tracks days. lol

Comment

well i just bought some BC racing. i ordered custom shock bodys and spring rates 12/10 kg, and when i put the damper to full hard or full soft just jumping on the car it moves almost an inch more just from softening the dampers. so its good on street for pot holes, but tighten up and it will feel rock hard and with shipping its 1200$ and my car can tuck rim on 17's so they go low, well thats kuz i got em made that way, but you could order them 14/12 kg with original lowering hight so its less work. but to be honest ive talked to atleast 5 different companys about coilovers and most will put any spring rates you ask and re-valve the springs at no extra cost.

just take a look around. just depends on budget and what abuse they will take.
                    89 r32 sedan

Comment

@ Magular: THANKS!!

Comment

I am also installing coilovers and need help on what else should be down at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Redone View Post
                          I am also installing coilovers and need help on what else should be down at the same time
                          Info would be nice for me too
                          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

to be honest its like the easiest car i have removed coilovers on, i can start from the car on the ground and switch all coilovers in less and 1 hour back on the ground, but i mean ive had practice. i have rwd which is easier since coilovers are like the 1 bolt bottom slide on type. easy to change. but nothing really to worry about, dont have to loosen any sway bars at all. to make you life easier, take the jack and take preassure off the coilover by pusing up a little then removing bolt, put new one in, raise or lower jack to make it easier to install, tighten, then remove and continue to next corner. easy
                            89 r32 sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Rush_in View Post
                              my hks hipermax give me a 1/4 inch travel! very painfull
                              Same here. Ouch!! I would like to try some bc racing coil overs. Heard many good things about them and sounds like just what I need.
                              10 Infiniti FX35
                              09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                              02 Subaru WRX....sold
                              01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                              90-00-08 BNR32
                              92 NX2000...sold
                              95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X