Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uprated fuel pump defo need constant 12v to perform at 350-400whp levels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That has absolutely nothing to do with fuel consumption.........

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Supraclean View Post
      Great info, this is exactly the info i was looking for.

My question is what size of wiring should a guy use for running for the relay?

Also the fuse used would be a 15 amp or higher if running constant voltage?
      I was told 10 gauge.

Comment

Can buy a fuel pump hardwire kit from here -

Or Tomei in Japan sell a similar hardwire kit -

1968年にチューナーで日産ワークスドライバーでもあった鈴木誠一が城北ライダースの仲間とともに「東名自動車」を設立し、2018年で創業50年を迎えます。そう、東名は「車好き」「チューニング好き」が集まって設立された会社です。
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
          I was told 10 gauge.
          Lol....those crazy guys at Infini ran two 10 guage wires, one for each pump, a bit overkill IMHO. A quick look at the factory feed will tell you everything you need to know, it's quite pathetic, 16 or 18 guage. There are rule of thumb wiring charts that you can reference but, a 15' length of 10 with a 30 amp fuse and relay is pretty standard and will feed any single you care to use....even an A1000.

Jon.
          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I have the deatschwerk wiring out. Easy to install and works great. Never had an issue.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
            Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Thread revival here. I know this has been beat like a dead horse but I lost my FSM with my old laptop and testing with my multimeter at the pump connections are not showing any hot wires with the key 'on' so had to ask:

Which wire from the two pin Connector have you guys used for the relay trigger- white or black/yellow? Neither one shows power when on but I assume one does at 'start' as a safety feature in case of a crash it will shut the pump off.

I know I could just run a new trigger but would prefer to use the Stocker for the reason mentioned above.

Thanks!
              Pistol packin Monkey drinkin no money bum

Comment

That's exactly how mine is setup, I'll have a look later tonight and let u know

Comment

Without the engine running the feed will only be "hot" for 5 seconds then go dead...for the priming. Have someone cycle the key and check.

Jon.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, it's tough at night when everybody goes to bad and working han solo in the garage. Does either feed go hot again after the 5 seconds once the car is started or stay off? I had my multimeter visible and nothing really happened when the key is turned to 'ON'.

Edit: freed up a few hours this afternoon and got pump switched out to new Deatschwerks unit and hardwired. FWIW, I Used the black/yellow wire feeding the original pump to trigger the relay.
                    Last edited by AL91GTR; 07-04-2014, 05:04 PM.

Comment

so your fuel pump won't turn on when you have the key in the on position??

Comment

Exactly like Dr Humper said - the feed goes live for about 5 seconds to prime and then goes dead. Once the car is running it goes live again.

Comment

i dunno. I use a tomei pump and stock wiring. get's 14.some volts.
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Working...
                          X