Over boosting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over boosting problems

Hey fellas! I'm having issues with over boosting...

I had the motor rebuilt because of this exact issue, I thought it was a faulty boost controller.

Before the rebuild, the motor was hitting 28 psi, and blew out the rings in #6, #4, and #3.

Had it rebuilt, runs perfectly fine hitting 14psi after the rebuild.

About a week ago I installed t-bolt clamps on all my intercooler piping, while I was doing that I noticed a vacuum line came off of one of the blow off valves. I put it back on and ever since that I've been hitting the 25+ psi. (over 1.5 bar on my boost gauge)

I removed the tomei manual boost controller before putting the motor back in because I figured it was faulty and what caused this huge headache.

Anyone have this or a similar issue happen to them, if so what was done to fix it?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

wastegate are correctly connected ?

Comment

I'd almost bet the diaphragm in one of the wastegates, or a leak in one of the likes going to them

Comment

What is your setup ? turbo , ecu , exhaust ? What ebc are u running now ?

Comment

Isnt the internal WG flap interfering with something ? In the downpipe or outside .. ?
          I would also bet for the wg diaphram , is your downpipe ok ? A crushed dp could cause back pressure.
          Last edited by topher589; 02-15-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Maybe your waste gates are wired shut (literally with wire haha)

I ran no BOV or Boost controller and the car would run 14.7psi on it's own.

Sounds like your waste gates are either massively tight (boost controller or not they stay closed to that), or they waste gates are held shut.
            No build thread.
            1991 nissan
            El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I didnt know that tomei does boost controller

Comment

Originally posted by nickisonfire View Post
                I didnt know that tomei does boost controller
                I didnt either until I bought the car haha, it says Tomei PBC right on it. Here's a pic I found on google looks exactly like this, http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8640/dscn9783v.jpg

Thanks for all the input, I'll be pulling the car in the garage tomorrow or Sunday to check everything out.

It's a stockish? setup :

Stock turbos, ECU says Mines on it, not running any boost controller on it at the moment. Exhaust is 2.5" straight piped all the way back (previous owner got cats and what not cut out).

Sorry for the late reply, I hardly get a chance to get on a computer.

Comment

Working...
                X