Ctsv brembos. Anyone tried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ctsv brembos. Anyone tried?

I'm looking at brembo brake upgrades for my bnr32. Has anyone tried the ctsv front set up? The brembo calipers seem to be decently available and priced. I searched but only found 1 s14 with the set up and not a lot of info
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Ctsv brembos. Anyone tried?

Just curious, why not r34 brembos?

Comment

im gonna say cost difference
      Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Not just cost difference although it is significant. R34 brembos are hardly an upgrade. I can go with a z32 calipers and z34 rotors for more stopping power at a fraction of the price. Ctsv calipers are huge compared to r33/34

Comment

Will the radius of the caliper work with your rotor diameter?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
            Will the radius of the caliper work with your rotor diameter?
            Yes this is the factor, also the main idea of using some kind of USDM calipers is replacement parts availability (Pads, Rotors)
            R33/R34 prices are pretty high! You can build your own much better system for that price!
            Also, Cts-V seems to be a much heavier car which in theory need a better/more braking power to begin with and if we can adopt them brakes to our cars it is going to be great upgrade!

My prefference would be either STI calipers with EVO rotors, because the whole kit is priced reasonably or i am currently reading into upgrading with 370z (Z34) Sport calipers they are much easier available than STi's, cost cheaper and use bigger discs ( 325/30 Sti vs 355/32 on 370z) Im still gathering some info on fitment/brackets availabiliy and Lines connections! I really hope the calipers will bolt on easily, but the main problem with 370 Akebono is that you absolutely have to run 18" rims and that is not an option for me!
            Last edited by tryingtobebest; 04-21-2014, 01:00 PM.
            TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

What about SRT8 brembos. Anybody used those.

Comment

srt8 brembos have been done there is a thread on here about it, however they are bulky, heavy, and not that big. evo sti set up is pretty simple although they seem to be harder to come across now at a decent price. the ctsv is doable as I did find it done on a s14 which is comparable to r32.

Comment

I managed to source some evo 9 brembo's for about $200.

Alpha omega makes a mount kit that has been r&d'd and they also sell everything to go with them - evo 10 rotors (approx 350mm), pads, lines, hardware etc.

After all said and done, cost will be about $1000 for a front BBK.

Worth looking into.

For the rears I'm told sti brembos are one of the best choices as they have bigger rotors and everything bolts in I think.

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

Originally posted by tryingtobebest View Post
                    Yes this is the factor, also the main idea of using some kind of USDM calipers is replacement parts availability (Pads, Rotors)
                    R33/R34 prices is a joke! You can build your own much better system for that price!
                    Also, Cts-V seems to be a much heavier car which in theory need a better/more braking power to begin with and if we can adopt them brakes to our cars it is going to be great ipgrade!

My prefference would be either STI calipers with EVO rotors, because the whole kit is priced reasonably or i am currently reading into upgrading with 370z (Z34) Sport calipers they are much easier available than STi's, cost cheaper and use bigger discs ( 325/30 Sti vs 355/32 on 370z) Im still gathering some info on fitment/brackets availabiliy and Lines connections! I really hope the calipers will bolt on easily!!!
                    The akebono 370z Brakes are massive! My buddy put a set on his 350z with upgraded slotted rotors and it came out to just under 2 grand for everything you would need. Im sure if i can mount 350z brakes to my hcr32 then the 370z brakes are doable.
                    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Great info, Didnt know r34 where that pricey, i got all four corners for $1100 only problem is they needed to be painted.

Comment

CTS-V rotors are 6 bolt, so calipers only.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

The newer 6 piston ctsv Brembos with 370Z rotors would be an awesome budget alternative to a bbk but from what I've read the bolt spacing is 130mm and on my gtr I measured 100mm. Could still be done but would be a lot of fab work. Not sure about bolt spacing on the older style 4 piston ctsv brembos

Comment

wait which CTS-V the SC or Non SC?

Comment

Working...
                            X