Project: Cop Bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small update:

been trying to get the exhaust off the car for a couple days now with no luck at all.. soaked 1 bolt with a full can of liquid wrench and it still wont budge at all. So tonight a couple friends are going to come over and we are going to heat up the bolts and hopefully get them off that way.

Originally posted by victoriaGTR
    thats not thestock recirc piping. the stock is plastic and the intercooler bolts to it as well. yours is defn different
    well that sucks then lol, i have an HKS intercooler so maybe they upgraded the recirc piping as well? in any case they suck for doing it cuz its almost impossible to get out.. I will either have to cut it or take off the front crash bar thing.

Comment

Day 33

Did a couple things last night, got the recirculating pipe out of there as well as got the exhaust off!

Starting the night out by taking off the front bumper/crash bar, and yes that is a dead body beside my car

this is Thought on the forums aka C3P0

Some more friends, Cale and Adam

Cale wielding the impact of terror

Amsoil aka Myles to the right, notice the lovely hair

This would be me, I didn't actually do anything I thought I would just pose to make it look like I did something

1 Can of Liquid Wrench, and 1 Hour of impact gun.. and its off

Turns out my cat was degutted

Everyone chillin outside

Random picture in the morning

Slowly the engine bay is getting less cluttered

Gutted the trunk!

Comment

Did the trunk today? Good stuff.

Now that you don't have to take the engine out, progress looks great for being ready in spring.
        (No more images in signature, no more car winking avatar. Weee)

Comment

Day 36

put the car on dolley's, front was easy enough since the whole front bumper was off.. but the back, what a PITA. Had to angle it into the wheel well and that still sucked.

Took about 10 min to get her bum in the air

picture speaks for itself?

got one of the cam covers off

picture of the clutch fan being another pita

I took some closeups of the cam because it looks weird to me. The front is all nice and clear but the back is kind of oily and redish, any thoughts on those like if its normal or if it means my engine is about to die? here are some pics

front of engine

middle of engine

back of engine

Comment

Other chime in here, but these are some thoughts I have:
            -Due to revving past valve spring spec.?
            -Due to dirty oil?
            -Due to bad vavle seal?
            -Perfectly normal?

Comment

Whats with the designer jeans and gucci shirts haha

That's just from dirty oil. Both my heads looked like that but much dirtier and an even coat from front to back

How many KMs on the motor? It looks really clean

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post

That's just from dirty oil. Both my heads looked like that but much dirtier and an even coat from front to back

I'm sure he will be happy to hear this :-) Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by thought View Post
                  Originally posted by Ben View Post

I'm sure he will be happy to hear this :-) Thanks!
                  Here in sask we are all about working on our cars in designer gear

As Thought mentioned, that is superb that its just some dirty oil! the engine had 101K when i picked it up and now has around 109K, so glad to see that it looks really clean!

Now for a softer side of mechanics.. on the day 33 pictures you will notice lots of people over helping out. It started out with Adam coming over, then me phoning Thought to see if he wanted to chillax, then after Thought got here both Adam and myself got phone calls from Cale and Myles and they wanted to come over. I don't know but there is something awesome when a bunch of friends can get together and just hang out and work on stuff, I owe them a lot since they are helping me out with my car and my limited tools (everything I have taken off so far has been with a small socket set and a screw driver).

So when they all came over to help out and lend a hand with their tools, it made me realize how working on a car is so much more fun with your friends, and for that alone I am happy the car is broken!

Now two friends of mine went above and beyond the other day, Thought and Adam. I was working on the car and getting the valve covers off and Adam came over and we went to canadian tire for some paint (testing a new colour). Thought met us there and gave me an early christmas present! Was a 1/2" breaker bar (omg huge) and an assortment of wrenches. Adam also picked me up 2 sets of wrenches and a couple of extra tid bits.

I really am not sure how I can repay them other than using the tools to build this beast and giving them as many rides as they want (or can handle)

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share that story! Will be prepping a valve cover for paint today and testing to see how it turns out.

Comment

Good to see friends help! Mine that matter have all moved away or are working too much. I do 90% of all I do at home alone. Otherwise I pay. Sad really but good for you!!
                    No build thread.
                    1991 nissan
                    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I'm just building up some IOUs for when I want to work on my car, lol....

But seriously, it was just sad how limited this gearhead's toolbox was, haha.:drive:

Comment

day 37

Comment

Good to see you got that fan off of there. Any painted parts we can see yet?

Comment

well been a very long time since I have posted an update, and that is because my job closed down! Been looking for a job since then so I haven't been able to order and more parts just yet, and my manifold is stuck in Phoenix with 400$ left to pay on it lol. I just wanted to bring this back to life to let everyone know what was happening!

1) Have some pictures to show of painted items and im looking for thoughts or comments
                            2) Decided to change from a GT35 to a GT4088R (twinscroll)
                            3) Taking AC out rather than keeping it in (aye..)

1. Pictures!

any thoughts on whether that looks good or no? I would do both valve covers the same colour, with a clear cam gear cover (or none at all), and the coil cover im not sure.. probably leave it off and have splitfire coil packs.

Comment

I like that color, I did mine gold:

Comment

That looks great so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X