No announcement yet.

Project 514 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome job. Your engine bay looks unreal. Did you polish up the pipes or buy them as is?

Comment

Thanks guys! i polished the pipes myself, well not me personally, but i had them done. ill be doing the manifold next but its $$$$$

Comment

Update: June 6th 2010

Wow its been a while since i posted in this thread!!! Too long

Not too much has been going on with the car over the past while, until recently.

I changed out my old wheels for a set of 18x9 Spyn wheels, 255/35/18 tires. Got them for pretty much free, so I couldn't say no. They'll do fine for the summer until i can grab a set of 18x10 +18 Work Emotion XD-9's.

Other than that,

Finally got some HIDs.. cant believe I was driving around with halogens this whole time! what a difference!

both in:

Mounted the ballasts inside the rebar so to avoid adding things into the engine bay. Going to try to clean it up in there. Sealed up the ballasts with a bead of silicone to make sure no water gets in.

Also, a nice little box of goodies arrived for me

Parts to go in:

HKS EVC-S Boost Controller
        Tomei 276lph Fuel Pump
        SARD 700cc injectors
        SAMCO upper and lower rad hoses.

Had a heater hose burst on me so I installed a full samco silicone heater hose set as well. Also threw in a nismo low temp thermostat at the same time.

The bad news: for about a few weeks my car has been having a weird erratic limp mode-ish problem. The car would lose power, misfire like crazy, run super rich, and basically die on me. tried changing injectors, plugs, tps, cleaning mafs, resoldering mafs, tested coils, taped up coils, changed coilpack harness. Nothing.

The good news: I was able to narrow down the problem to one bad maf/ maf circuit. When i unplugged one maf, the car went into normal limp mode. I plugged that one back in, and unplugged the other, and the car died. Looking for a good maf in the Montreal area if anyone has a spare!

The car is going to almasi next monday for a tune, hoping to find a maf before then lol... I am hoping for some nice numbers, will post up as soon as tune is done. Other than that, no real big plans for this summer, other than:

Removing ABS
        Removing / Locking out HICAS
        Possible AC delete
        Boost/Oil Press/Oil temp/Water temp guages

Comment

Lookin great!! I love silver gtrs!
          GTRC-OG

Comment

What mafs you running? I can maybe get you a z32 maf in montreal. If you need a rb26 maf I can almost guarantee you that Autoworx has a rb26 maf in stock.

Comment

Also did you check your spark plugs? They might be fouled and might be causing you issues.

Comment

im running stock mafs, going to give autoworx a call tomorrow when they open up.. would make things easy but i feel like theyll charge me way too much

Comment

yep checked & changed em

Comment

awesome news man, im glad you narrowed it down to one maf! thats really good! i just dropped my car off at autoworx tonight,

how come you went with the HKS EVC-s?
                    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

what are you getting done?
                      Im going to call them tomorrow and see if they have a maf to sell.

And what do you mean why did i choose it?

Comment

Car looks mean! Tell us how you like the EVC when its in, Im narrowing down what im doing for this and this kit looks good so far
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

i have to instal the exact same boost controller in the coming days, maybe we can help each other out!
                          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

oakville: Ill let you know how it works once i git'r done.

@ franki: Me and marc are going to tackle it one day this week, Ill let you know.. either you can come by or ill make sure I make note of any pointers

Comment

got the boost controller in yesterday.. also had one hell of a night.;

Pulled apart just about all my piping (Intake / intercooler / recirc) etc to clean it, since i noticed alot of oil in my front turbo intake pipe.
                              Everything was oily and nasty, so it did alot of good. It seemed that my recircs from the bovs were recirculating an oily mess back into the intakes and toward the mafs, which probably caused my strange misfire woes. Seems to be purring nice and smooth now, i just need to find the cause of all this oil all over the place...
                              have a few things to consider.
                              1- Blowby... will check compression and see if rings are good.. which they should be
                              2- Blown turbo seal - Would also explain the little spits of oil i seem to get out my exhaust.. but then again, the turbos are fresh.. so i'll have to see.
                              3- return lines.. Im thinking my return lines could be a bit blocked or obstructed.. restricted flow could cause oil to seep past the seals, no?

Any input would be appreciated. hoping to fix this asap

Comment

get an oil catch can .
                                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Working...
                                X