No announcement yet.

LS1 V8 powered R32 GTR Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the procharger seems to be the preferred unit, but my issue is space available in the BMW (Im sure the R32 will allow the use of the ATI) I could only fit the Vortech unit using a customized mounting bracket.

LSx's are great engines, nothing is perfect engine wise but they do alot for very little cost and in a small light package.
    LS1 V8 R32 GTR conversion in progress

Comment

no doubts this carw ill move, LS1's kick ass.

LOOKING BACK, and knowing all that I know now, when my car blew up I should've put in an LS1. I could've probably done it for the same overall price. Maybe one day.
      1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
      2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
      2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Who makes the adapter? I was thinking about doing something similar except I was thinking about using the Titan 5.6ltr.

Comment

lets see some pics of the stripped GTR!!!

91 GTR - 04 G35c - 91 celica.....

Comment

As found next to a dumpster...

Tucked away getting ready for a roll cage

Had some interior pictures, completely stripped inside, wiring harness removed, dash, HVAC, peddles, steering column, seats, carpet, etc. Can't seem to find them, will have to take some more.

Comment

"As found by the dumpster"..........Bwahahahaha!!!!!

That's awesome, it just goes to show how far we have come in Canada with Skylines that you can find suff like that behind someone's bussiness. Keep rockin' it.

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Absolutly badass man. Very impressed by that dyno sheet.

Dieing to see this project, i loved my LS1 camaro, and would love to LSx my skyline some day. Maybe ill even get teh chance to

Guy i bought my old LS1 off, made 630rwhp, on a N/A LS3 block, 4" stroke, BIGASS solidroller cam, yella terra rockers, AFR heads, FAST 92/92, etc.

Gotta be one of the quickest cars i ever nearly **** my pants in Plates on it were "Im stock" hahaha
                1999 Corvette FRC Z51 - Modz.
                1996 Golf TD IDI - Also...modz.

Comment

Make some progress on this already :P JK

Dieing to see how this works out. Ive got countless extra LS1 parts, including another LS1 + a 5.3L motor. Wonder how far off a RB is in comparison to an iron block LS1.

Not to mention my GTS-T may make things easier as its RWD.

Be a nice project, may end up being a project in the future, just gotta get teh car going with the RB for now.
                  1999 Corvette FRC Z51 - Modz.
                  1996 Golf TD IDI - Also...modz.

Comment

Then you should like this R32 skyline with Nissan V8 -

Looks mean with the bonnet scoop.

S14 with a modified N/A Nissan V8 and is on gravel -

This hillclimb was at Bethunes Gully in Dunedin NZ, the car was setup for flat circuit racing.The road was very rough.

This Nissan V8 powered 240Z is in Canada -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sounds mean on the racetrack.

I can see the reason behind fitting a 5.6 litre Nissan Titan V8 engine -

I have a Nissan Titan VK56, V8 long block that i imported from the USA which i had planned to fit to my R34 Skyline drift car but due to other commitments i am ...

Engine sounds amazing and car is quick when drifting -

I wonder if 4wd Nissan sump fits on the Titan V8 engine????
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Some progress, I am designing and building the suspension parts. I need to get the car on the ground and rolling so I can get the chassis checked and a small dent in wheel well pulled out. Then the roll cage can get installed.

I am using rod ends and making all components adjustable in length. The lower control arm will be tubular with a rod end and a spherical bearing instead of the ball joints, using spacers to adjust height of the hub. These will be relocated on the side of the subframe instead of the bolt on inner ball joint.

Upper camber adjustment arms and rear arms including fixed adjustable arms and rear subframe mounts for the HICAS removal will be the same design.

Just need to pick up the tubing and plates now that the rod end part order came in.

Drivetrain build is going to be one of the last parts of this build, tons of work needs to be done before I will get serious about the engine install. I have figured out how the hard parts will go together, and it's fully doable. From there it is just time and money.

First thing I need to do is getting my GMW ready for the track for mid April so other then some suspension work the GTR won't get much further 'til then.

Here some video's of the GMW in action:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QgdSOypTcDE

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=RVZ0duq5Bh8

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dyHNHlHGLUY

Watch them in high def, the last video I'm running on my street (wet track) tires, General UHP vs the NSX on Hoosiers. Mostly just hanging it out having fun in the turns.

This build has to retain the AWD or there isn't any point to it IMO. A skyline isn't a skyline without the AWD, I already have a front engine rwd LS1 powered car.

Comment

nice project you've got there.
                        Cars- R35 GTR R34 GTR VW Golf Track Car
                        Bikes - GSXR 1000 Road Bike Yamaha 0W01 Race Bike
                        I'M JUST A NORMAL BLOODT BLOKE! A NORMAL BLOKE THAT LIKES A BIT OF TORTURE...chopper

Check this Nurburg Lap >
                        skyline R34 vs porsche GT2http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T739gw3UqY

Comment

sweet, i think this will be my next engine!

Comment

Originally posted by sshhh View Post
                            sweet, i think this will be my next engine!
                            put it in the s14.5!
                            Devil R sponsored by:
                            Tunerlab.jp and Popformance

Some people try to get attention by bashing me. Go ahead you're only giving me more publicity. <3's haters

Comment

who makes an adpater to fit an ls1 up to an rb26 tranny?
                              Want JDM wheels? Look here: fnlhvn.com

Comment

Originally posted by vipv35 View Post
                                who makes an adpater to fit an ls1 up to an rb26 tranny?
                                Specifically no one does, but there is an adapter for the RB series to GM automatic transmission. Close enough for me to begin.

ATI Adapter

Comment

Working...
                                X