No announcement yet.

LS1 V8 powered R32 GTR Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where did you buy that gtr? Pm me. it looks like my gtr that got stolen well the aftermath of it anyway. Let me know
    92,94,95 Honda Civic
    92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
    91 Nissan Skyline GTR
    92,93 Nissan 180sx
    90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
    89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

any updates on this? Im really interested to see if this is my old gtr that got stolen
      92,94,95 Honda Civic
      92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
      91 Nissan Skyline GTR
      92,93 Nissan 180sx
      90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
      89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Originally posted by vipv35 View Post
        who makes an adpater to fit an ls1 up to an rb26 tranny?

I don't think you'd want to use any LS1 with the RB26 trans anyways, the torque an LS1 makes would destroy the RB trans within minutes.
        1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
        2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
        2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

well how would you have awd then?
          Want JDM wheels? Look here: fnlhvn.com

Comment

There are plenty of RBs making LS1 torque without grenading the transmission.

Transmissions usually die with shock loading. You can get a nice light aluminum flywheel for an LS1 which will help. Clutch dumps are probably the hardest thing you can do to a transmission.

Upgrading to an OS Gilken gearset would be a good idea though, help get rid of the 3rd gear problem.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

subscribing!

Comment

Originally posted by specialedition View Post
                any updates on this? Im really interested to see if this is my old gtr that got stolen
                Unless someone turned it into a '91 after they stole it I'm pretty sure it's not your old car.

Originally posted by crzyone View Post
                There are plenty of RBs making LS1 torque without grenading the transmission.

Transmissions usually die with shock loading. You can get a nice light aluminum flywheel for an LS1 which will help. Clutch dumps are probably the hardest thing you can do to a transmission.

Upgrading to an OS Gilken gearset would be a good idea though, help get rid of the 3rd gear problem.
                OS Gilken gearset will be in this car for sure, I don't plan on drag racing the car, it's for road course use only. Big displacement is definately harder on the drivetrain, instant torque is much higher then in a turbocharge car. Plan is to drop major weight off of the car and trying not to thrash the gear box/drivetrain. I am much more concerned about the front diff and axles then the gearbox. Still may go with the larger front diff found in the suv as I am going to be modding the front oil pan pretty significantly anyways.
                LS1 V8 R32 GTR conversion in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                  I don't think you'd want to use any LS1 with the RB26 trans anyways, the torque an LS1 makes would destroy the RB trans within minutes.
                  mmmmmmm.... ok then..

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by BNR32-63 View Post

I am much more concerned about the front diff and axles then the gearbox. Still may go with the larger front diff found in the suv as I am going to be modding the front oil pan pretty significantly anyways.
                    Upgrade the front diff with an aftermarket LSD. Beefier carrier bearings. Should be safe with that, I would be worried more about breaking axels or the prop shaft.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

Lets see updates!

Eager to see how the Nissan driveline stands up to the LS1 power.
                      1999 Corvette FRC Z51 - Modz.
                      1996 Golf TD IDI - Also...modz.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon View Post
                        Lets see updates!

Eager to see how the Nissan driveline stands up to the LS1 power.
                        Not done much to it lately, installed the front and rear subframes, solid subframe mounts on the rear and polyurethane diff mounts installed. Marked the factory diff for cooler line locations and temp probe. Removed the HICAS.

Been working on the suspension parts a bit, and decided to cut the factory diff out of the oil pan and mount it directly to the front subframe, thus not worrying about the LS1 pan beyond clearance to the diff, which shouldn't be an issue.

Originally posted by crzyone View Post
                        Upgrade the front diff with an aftermarket LSD. Beefier carrier bearings. Should be safe with that, I would be worried more about breaking axels or the prop shaft.
                        After some more research I think I'll do just that, if it doesnt survive then I'll do something different. The axles seem to be the weak point up front.

Car is a little tweeked so I need it rolling to take into the body shop to get pulled straight before the cage gets done.

Comment

Any updates??
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Not much done lately, been too busy with my other car, had some issues that I needed to sort on it. Engine let go on the track due to oil starvation thanks to the new suspension and running on slicks. I rebuilt the engine and put a dry sump system on, as well as got it ready for the supercharger. Kind of put this build off until the fall/winter.

I decided to go with a different front differential, most likely a subaru rear diff mounted upside down up to the subframe. The front axles will be custom made from the subaru inner cv and skyline outer cv with a 300M axle, front drive shaft will be custom built as well.

The engine I plan on building should put down 1000whp with massive torque from the large displacement V8. Still concerned about the rest of the drivetrain holding up.

Comment

Old build thread, just thought I'd pop in and see if this ever got finished or where she's at. I'm looking at putting a V8 into my GTR as well. I would love to pick your brain a bit over PM.

Thanks !

Corey.

Comment

guy hasn't logged in in over a year

I'm guessing it never got done.

I considered doing the V8 swap too (just makes so much sense) but decided I'd gone too far down the RB26 path to change it up now. Keeping AWD is easier than it sounds. if anyone needs transmission help and wants to keep it AWD shoot me a PM and I'll tell you how. it's not cheap but it's far cheaper than any of the RB26 transmission options that will stand up to any power.
                                1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                                2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                                2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Working...
                                X