• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i though there would be more comments about that last chapters,
    took me 3 days to right all 3 parts
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• I envy the tracks that you guys have!!
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• this is all the tracks IN quebec that i could think of, without counting the 3~4 dirt tracks

+3 in ontario that are pretty close (calabogie, shannonville, mosport)
        i'd really like to do all of quebec's before moving on into ontario and the states

and, did you know montreal is secretly tokyo
        wagan is wangan, i was tired back when i made this

sigpic

Comment

• frankiman sweet pics and vids of the track and your car. realy like the progress u have done since u got this skyline

Comment

• Man looks amazing. Never realized how many tracks we have in Quebec. Your car is gonna be uber crazy with your new setup.

Comment

• If you decide to come to Ontario and want to go around Shannonville, let me know, I try to go there 3-4 times a year. I sent you a PM with some info

Comment

• Chapter 8 - 2009 meets, and GTRC members

unlike most of you guys who've been working on your car for so long, that you've forgotten how to shift with your left hand :P
                i have, on the other hand, been driving my GTR around, alot, this past summer

not really using it as a daily driver, since i'd always use my other more economical car go to work school and what-not

i'd loved to just drive it around after i got back from school, you know, to let it stretch its legs between track days

but i would also drive it for ''special'' occasions, to places where i would park it and never have it out of my sight or never be more than 100 feet away from it pretty much, since i have yet to install anti-theft system

so i drove it to lots of tracks events, drove up to my chalet with it a couple times, went to quebec city with my girlfriend on holiday, and then there were car meets, lots of 'em

i put about 8000KMs on the car in 2009

@ chalet up north, did a little photoshoot on the beach with the camping ground's owner's son (camping -> don't know the english translation for ''pourvoirie'')

@ quebec city

-----------------
                JULEP

of course, for anyway who lives in the montreal area knows about Julep
                its basically THE place for car meets,
                my dad used to take me there i was a kid to look at hot-rods
                everyday, theres a different car culture meeting there,
                but thursday nights are always for tuners
                [these are just some random picture of Julep i found on google since i dont have any pics of it myself]

this pic was taken @ julep back when i had my first GTR

so i went there practically once every 2 weeks
                met alot of buddies there, and made alot more too

one night, we had a nice little skyline gathering, totally random though

from right to left;
                GTR - allwheeldrifter - aka Marco
                GTR - me
                GTR - deo13 - aka dave
                GTS-T - deo's buddy who bought my AVS rims, but then sold his skyline for a sports bike - aka donovan

then, i met up with allwheeldrifter a second time to sell him some parts
                and we were the only 2 cars parked at julep, on a friday night, me with my GTR and him with his beater
                but then an italian man parked right next to us
                with a freakin GTR, i mean a real one

we talked for a good hour, he kept telling me how nice my car was, while i kept drooling all over his
                he told me alot of stories of him beating 911s M3s and Ferraris around montreal, mostly on the A13
                i told him i tracked my car and he got really interested, asked where i went and how it worked
                so i invited him to come to the monday night lapping at ASE

told him that even if he got on the track for only 1 session, that he probly would have to pay the membership fees (100$ for new members)
                he said; ''hey i own a GTR, i don't care about a little 100$''

so he came, the following week,
                even told me i could dirve his car around the track for a couple laps
                but the instructors didn't let me because i was still only a beginner
                next year i guess

so if you don't have anything to do on a thursday night and your engine isn't all over your garage, then come by Julep
                if you don't act like an idiot you shouldn't get into any trouble with the cops
                even if you have a 4'' muffler, well .... maybe not
                i went there a dozen times, never got any trouble

-----------------
                Five Roses

this was a one time meet, in a parking lot beside the old Farine Five Roses flour factory south of downtown MTL

we had the promise of cool cars, private location and free hot dogs
                i went with GTRC member WPJ who had just arrived from Calgary, but his GTS-T was still on the train
                we got there pretty late, 11pm~ish, cuz i got lost and there was a ton of traffic do to construction in the area and all the people wanting to go out partying into Old MTL
                the party was just beginning

i noticed there was a camera crew, and was told they were making a tuning DVD

we were told to drive around a bit, and come back to the parking lot to make some sort of smoke show entrance lol

and then we were told to park all our cars in a certain pattern, while they filmed some interviews and other bits for their DVD, i got ''stuck'' beside a brand new M3 on 19'' Advan rims

its there i met GTRC member AndreP for the first time, with his cat-scratch hooded GTR

i think this scene took over 30 minutes to do, it was hilarious

upon signing a waver, we were promised a free copy of the finished DVD
                we are still wainting on that, but the trailer should be out this week (2 months ago REALLY)

-----------------
                GTRC members

i've met a couple GTRC members over the summer
                1. deo13 and his buddy
                2. allwheeldrifter
                3. mitch32
                -- here he is riding shotgun with me

4. andreP
                -- one the hundreds of times he dropped by to pick up some parts lol

5. wpj -aka patrick joooones
                -- he moved back from calgary this summer, and lives 3 minutes away from my house, he actually a very old friend

6. ''max'' can't remember his forum name
                -- when i fixed his a/c

7. Klys - aka marc-andré, met him at the track, went to the same university as me
                8. Klys's dad who also owns a GTS-T
                9. vulcain - aka ''luigi''
                10. J-O
                11. cobraA - aka alex
                12. t-bag - aka phil
                13. fonky - aka JF
                14. popolz - aka alex
                15. dynamiteQC
                and of course
                16. canu_50 - aka alex, who works @ perry auto laval, and ordered me a ton of parts

i might be forgetting some

------------------------
                Sightings

just some random pics of skylines i was able to snatch

if you know who they are..

@ deux-montagnes

track side @ ASE

@ somewhere in MTL

@ ETS

i hope to see alot more of GTRC members next summer
                josh..
                marc..
                manny..
                dj..
                munib..
                munzar..

looking forward to a possible ottawa meet
                sigpic

Comment

• yeah, i was lucky to meet you at 5 roses meet, you sure solved alot of my parts issues !! haha! everything is going alot better now, probably gonna spend my income tax refund on a little paint.

Comment

• crap, almost forgot about the 5rose meet, i'm going to edit it in, thx
                    sigpic

Comment

• heart warming post... i too often enjoyed the community feeling of RHD and skylines around montreal.. really like a brotherhood!
                      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• franky i almost forgot about that night at the julep lol,

Comment

• :O the one pic for (Finally Some Results) looked like he had 180sx front lights cause of what ever is infront of it.

Nice build by the way, cars extremey clean

Comment

• **just added the ''five rose meet'' part
                            sigpic

Comment

• Chapter 9 - The UltraRide 2009

so some of you may recall the name UltraRide from my first ever chapter
                              its because it was during that cruise, in 2008, that i crashed my first GTR

the 08' ride was the 3rd edition, and about 45 cars showed up to take part in this ~600km cruise from Laval to Tremblant taking the scenic route

so in 2009, i had my 2nd GTR, and wanted to prove that i wasn't just a young punk who crashed a car he couldn't handle

so again, i enlisted to the UltraRide
                              but to my surprise, the hype was indredible and about 130 cars (and 2 bikes) signed up
                              totalling more than 180 people

this was the planned route, ~600km

again, in an effort to prove myself, i wanted to be there super early, and was only the 3rd to arrive at the meeting spot, it was ~7;45am

and just before i went to grab some breakfast from the nearest Tim's
                              i taped a couple pictures of what happened the year before
                              basically, just some pics of the accident, the totalled car, the burnt garage, and the remaining scrapped shell

alot of people didn't know about that story, so..
                              when i came back with my coffee and bagels, there was a dozen guys circling the car going; ''holy ****!''
                              ????
                              so i just went; ''whats up''
                              one guy told me; ''dude look what he did to the car, crashed it and completely rebuilt it!''
                              at that point i just screamed; ''you idiots, its not the same car, wtf!''

big LOL moment

the organizer came to shake my hands and congratulate me for bouncing back from the crash and making it to this year's ride

this is what the parking lot looked like before we left (alot more cars out of shot)

then started the 130 car convoy heading on the highway at ~9am

blasting the highway

after the highway blasting, we made our first stop to regroup, since alot of people always take the wrong exit from the highway

then we got onto the B roads, with a big ass trail of cars

then made our 2nd regrouping stop, on this deserted piece of highspeed back road

then i had a nice surprise, Mitch32 was in the convoy riding with a buddy
                              we chatted for a bit then got back into our cars and carried on

just before coming into the Tremblant village, everyone stopped at this Petro-can, where most gas-guzzlers refulled (not me :P)
                              or to take a well-needed piss (yeah me :P)

we actually blocked in a couple familly vans since we used ALL the space in the lot to park our cars
                              the expression on the cashier's face was priceless
                              and it got even better when a large group of bikers came in the lot too
                              hilarious

we finally made our way into Tremblant

we got to park all the cars in a reserved lot, there was barely enough space

we all took a shuttle bus up to Tremblant village where a Casey's restaurant was reserved for all of us

when we came back to the shuttle, the same camera crew from the Five Rose meet was there to report on the event

upon leaving Tremblant, Mitch climbed abord my GTR and rode shotgun for the remainder of the ride
                              before we got on the main road, we had a couple stops to make from the parking lot to the road

since most of us had Walkie-talkies, we kept messing around with them during the ride

but at one stop, i was right behing a ~2000 Camaro SS and the two bikes, who all sudently popped a HUGE burnout right in front of me

one guy on the radio said; ''wtf is going on in front, did someone's car just blow up?! theres a **** load of smoke''
                              to which i answered; ''no its just the darn camaro coating my front bumper with alot of rubber!''

after leaving tremblant, the roads got much trickier, we all got seperated into smaller convoys

and a couple guys leading the several convoys messed up the directions, and alot of people got lost

even our group got lost down small rural streets a couple times, where we had to make 180deg turns

then it started to get late (5-6pm), and the roads opened up and got less interesting, so alot off people who didn't get lost just got of the route and went home

when we finally arrived at the last meeting spot, barely a dozen cars were left
                              thats where i refulled my car for the first time of the day (economical skyline, wuh?)

and again, in an effort to prove myself, i was the very last car to leave, after the 2 organizers (the 2 integras)
                              just as the sun was setting, epic day

so i drove Mitch back home and checek out his car that he was taking apart in his garage (at the time)

and finally got home at 8;30-9pm, i was DONE

---------------------------------------
                              Videos

this video is an absolute must see, it best describes the whole day

and since i had my GoPro stuck on the roof of my car for the most part of the day, i compiled all the pics into a video, and check out the second half for the highspeed back road

and you can also visit the UltraRide's website and check out pictures from the past 3 years
                              UltraRide.com

anyone can come with any car, sign up to the group for more info on the next date and meeting spot!!

i'd love to have a couple skyline in there this year, since i was driving one of only 2 JDMs last year
                              sigpic

Comment

• nice car

Comment

Working...
                                X