Frankiman's street/track GTR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
    nope, not pulling the engine (not if i have to)
    i'd like to hit the 500bhp marker, only missing 20
    i want to find the reason for the huge pressure drop, it might be because of old wastegate actuators, so i got brand new Garret adjustable actuators, will try to get them swapped early this summer
    and last time i checked compression, after fixing the O2 sensor problem, i got an average 3psi lower than at the beginning of the summer
    Wait until it blows before you pull it, unless your competing and need the car to be reliable. Or if you pull it just do a refresh. I pretty sure you can get 20hp easily, you ever think of water meth? and an aftermarket ecu?

I hope its the actuators on your turbo's that are not good anymore but man it can be a lot of things that cause boost to drop like that. Internal wastegates are terrible at holding boosting anyways, if you had an aftermarket ecu that can control boost you can add/remove duty cycle at rpm and put compensations for rpm/speed/timing so it can compensate. Even restrictive exhaust can cause the boost to drop (don't think that your issue), the turbos could be close to being done also, there's alot of stuff. Also when we were at the dyno your dip-stick kept shooting out which means there's blowby, that could also causing drop in pressure, I don't think it would cause like a 5-7psi drop like you get but anything is possible. A typical compression test may not so if you have blow-by, you need a leakdown test. I have access to a leakdown tester if you need.

Comment

• i think the dip stick blowing out out might have been caused by my oil catch can setup using much too small hoses (<3/8'')
      i'll be redoing the whole setup with 7/8'' lines

and i really have to stop putting too much money into the car.. and finish actually paying the darn thing
      so this year i'll only be spending the minimum to make it reliable and track it all summer
      i want to put at least 10,000km on it this summer
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• i'll be redoing the whole setup with 7/8'' lines
        Exactly! Same issue i had with mine. Best bet is to match the oem line size or go bigger.. Nothing like finding your dipstick in a remote location in your engine bay and oil all over the hood lol

10,000 km?!?! WHAT? .. I'm trying to get josh and tyler to come to tail of the dragon in NC this year! We should do it up!
        Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
        www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
        Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
        Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
          Exactly! Same issue i had with mine. Best bet is to match the oem line size or go bigger.. Nothing like finding your dipstick in a remote location in your engine bay and oil all over the hood lol

10,000 km?!?! WHAT? .. I'm trying to get josh and tyler to come to tail of the dragon in NC this year! We should do it up!
          You guys should come to the SkylineOwnersUSA meet at ZDayz. Its the weekend of the 19th at the Tail.

Comment

• 19th of what?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Ricer View Post
              You guys should come to the SkylineOwnersUSA meet at ZDayz. Its the weekend of the 19th at the Tail.
              YES! Pm me some info, we'll talk.
              Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
              www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
              Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
              Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• I may very well be down for a Skyline cruise guys... Whats the location and date? what month?
                The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• looking good Frankie!
                  '95 GTR

Comment

• I'd be down if my car is running and if not I'll hitch a ride with another skyline person....

Comment

• im in....
                      Being built...

Comment

• Hey bro, what HIDs are you tunning? 1000k?
                        If you're not first you're last

Comment

• 6000k, and they are blown
                          sigpic

Comment

• I think it's July the 19th but not 100% sure. I will be going this year Ricky so I will fi ally meet everyone
                            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Where is this meet?
                              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                                I think it's July the 19th but not 100% sure. I will be going this year Ricky so I will fi ally meet everyone
                                on a tuesday?

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                                Where is this meet?
                                tail of the dragon, north carolina - tenesse
                                Last edited by frankiman; 03-11-2011, 03:20 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X