No announcement yet.

Frankiman's street/track GTR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy chow. unless I can bum a ride with someone, i wont be able to attend.
    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Originally posted by allwheeldrifter View Post
      im in....
      I take that back.... (for now)
      Being built...

Comment

• should be a good time! I have a couple porsche's coming to the meet, and possibly a few other nice cars! Going to be a nice drive..
        Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
        www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
        Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
        Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Hey oakville if I can go you can hitch a ride with me man
          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• oh thanks Chris! pending date, I'd be down!
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• wow this car makes me want to keep my GTRs.

but then again. nah
              GTRC-OG

Comment

• Congrats on one gorgeous car and build man!!

Comment

• Awesome Build Dude!!! Love the R34 seats .

Comment

• frank man where you been you used to live on this forum and its been a month since the last update i just wanted to say i miss you keeping everyone in line
                    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                      frank man where you been you used to live on this forum and its been a month since the last update i just wanted to say i miss you keeping everyone in line
                      .... I hate school
                      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• i feel that i had finals last week i was up for 40 straight hours but now its spring break
                        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                          i feel that i had finals last week i was up for 40 straight hours but now its spring break
                          yeah its crunch time for the next 3 weeks, 2 homework, 2 lab reports, 1 project, + 4 exams
                          my last exam is on a saturday morning.. april 16th

then i'll have 2 weeks vacation before i start my internship for the summer

during those 2 weeks i'll be doing some work on the car, so that it'll be ready for May, lapping season, and i don't want to have to work on the car for the rest of the summer

so heres the build plan for this summer;

i'm having a friend help me to take the turbos out to inspect them, and install brand new Garret adjustable wastegate actuators

i'm also going to take the big rubber suction pipe that sits on top of the front turbo to swap it with a KTS metal pipe, and i'll also customize it to allow for a 7/8" vaccum hose (instead of the stock 1/2" hose)
                          it'll be powder coated satin black to work with the engine bay color scheme

i'm also sending my mirror finish ARC aluminium radiator diversion plate to get powder coated flat black, the polished finish doesn't work at all with the rest of the engine bay

i'm going to make a custom catch can setup with 7/8" hoses all around, to correct my blow by pressure problem

i'm also installing the rear section of a Cusco roll cage, which will be modified to allow for a harness bar
                          basically, a horizontal bar, behind the front seats sitting just higher than my shoulder which the racing harness will pivot on

i'm also going to change out my old HID ballasts, since they are totally blown

the biggest change will probly be the addition of an AB Flug carbon fiber front diffuser paired with a Top Secret carbon fiber rear diffuser
                          i might also get carbon fiber door sills from Marc, they look so awesome

the new tires will be Kuhmo Ecsta XS in 275/40/r17 at all four wheels

i'll put the car back on the dyno to see if the new actuators fixed my boost drop problem, if it doesn't, i might get a whole new cat-back exhaust custom made, i'm pretty sure my current muffler/resonator are FUBAR

then its track, meet, track, meet, ride, etc...

i already have all the parts, exept for the tires
                          Last edited by frankiman; 03-25-2011, 04:54 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• When does the brake ducts get installed? lool Iv been waiting for that chapter for everrrr.
                            Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
                              When does the brake ducts get installed? lool Iv been waiting for that chapter for everrrr.
                              dam, i totally forgot about that, its still sitting on a shelf somewhere,
                              guess i'll have to finish that too then..
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hey Frank, you're still working on it??? I thought you'd be done by now...

I barely visited the site since I've blown a turbo in oct 2009 I thought I had recirc issues when I bought yours but a turbo said otherwise
                                Alex
                                1991 Skyline GT-R
                                2010 Ford Taurus SHO

Comment

Working...
                                X