No announcement yet.

Frankiman's street/track GTR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My eyes are burning! Just finished reading the whole thread and learned so much.

Your car is beautiful, your thread is written like a book that you just cant stop reading. Now i got to work on setting up suspension better after i rebuild my motor! My brain is gonna need a while to procces all of the stuff i just inputed in there ! IDK if we have shops that good "down here" that wont rip me off!

Comment

• Franki, the h6 3.0 is brutal slow. The 2.2 n/a is faster. Good job on the Subaru purchase though.
      GTRC-OG

Comment

• Chapter 34 - Ultraride 2010, part 1

(the events described in this chapter happened in september 2010)

a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away,

lol, i know its been a long time i haven't done a real update on the car, but for it all to make sens, i have to start back from where i stopped, the day before the UltraRide 2010 (chap 32)

so, because of complications the car was looking like this on the eve of the Ultraride:

prior to taking part in the event, i organized to have a small group of skylines to roll with

so this is what the meeting lot looked like at ~8;00am on sunday morning

300 UR stickers had been made, and apparently, there were about 50 cars without stickers, so the total count was evaluated at around 350 cars !!!!

for more info on past UR events, and what it is:

and our little group of 6 skylines

those people were;
        TW
        Nelsonxmarc
        Vulcain
        MaxGTR
        Sexy Playaz
        and moi

Mitch32 was du to meet us later

we all attended the pre-ride meeting and then all left as a big pile of traffic

so as we left for the ~600km journey, i found a small puddle of p/s oil underneath the car, oh oh

the first strech was a bit of highway, can you imagine seeing this, together on the road !

my car still looked great, but from any angle where you couldn't see the front

-------------------------------------------
        still is also where some engine troubles became apparent, even though the car had came off the dyno a couple weeks ago, it had never felt fine during normal driving

basically i couldn't keep the car at a steady speed, everytime i would try to keep it at 110km/h, is would backfire/misfire and slow down
        then i'd have to punch it, and it would take off like a rocket as soon as it hit 3psi+ of boost

and it kept doing that all ride long

some people reported nice little flames coming out the back of my car, yey but ney

it really is aweful to drive like that, always having to punch it, accelerate hard, then slow down again, rince&repeat
        -----------------------------------------

then we followed the given directions

you can imagine 350 cars getting off the highway at by the same exit, with civilians trying to do the same, can all be pretty ectic
        so traffic ensued

and got onto the small, narrow, smooth, twisting back roads

but, even though the general message given before the ride was not to drive too fast and mostly not to do anything stupid
        well... one G35 wanted to be a hero,
        at the intersection of two roads, we all had to make a right turn, well he took off with wheels spinning and oversteered hard into the guardrail

because the car was lowered, the guardrail hit the front of the engine and pushed it back, meaning the car was now scrap

when we saw this, we stopped like everyone else, and while we waited we decided to take a couple group pictures, this was a cool one

or this one

when we realized it was pointless to stay there any longer, we left, only the 6 skylines

because we had stopped for so long, we where still way behind on most the participants
        passing in front of the usual fueling spot thats everyone uses in Tremblant, we can see it was completely full, like last year

attacking a 4 pump gas station with 100+ cars is ridiculus, alot of people stopped there to eat at the Tim's or McDonald's because they were scared the restaurants in the Tremblant village would all be full

when we eventually got to the parking lot in Tremblant, we made sure our presence was known

(and you know we had to do this)

this little group of cars were the most photographed cars of the lot, by everyone

overall, the parking looked like this at some point

so we took the shuttle and went into the village

where we decided to stop at Casey's for lunch, just after a bunch of Ultrariders had just finished eating and left, meaning there was alot of free spots, but the staff still hadn't recovered, so we waiting a long long while to eat

then we had one hell of an experience,
        some dude dressed as a Mounty, with a flashing toy in his hands, was walking around looking for "aliens"
        at first we found him really funny, but after a minute of two of beeing super annoying, we basically had to tell him to F-OFF

and since Tyler and Marc had been out partying the night before (and almost didn't show up at all for the UR) they were hungry as f**k and devored the biggest nacho plate i had ever seen

more in part deux
        Last edited by frankiman; 11-23-2011, 12:32 AM.
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Chapter 34 - Ultraride 2010, part 2

(the events described in this chapter happened in september 2010)

so when we got back to the parking lot, we saw Mitch had finally arrived

so we packed our **** up and left
          and i found another small puddle of p/s fluid in the sand

but since some of us had gone out the night before, and it started to rain, some of us left to go directly home by the highway

so Tyler, Marc, and Gabriella all left, in the rain

by then, we were super super late, so we followed the directions to keep on going to the finish line

but because of the rain, and the fact that we were following Mitch, while he was using his iphone GPS instead of the directions (because he didn't have them)
          well..... we got lost, ALOT

on our way, we teamed up with two hondas, and finished the ride, very late

when we finally arrived at the Petro Canada, which was the finish line, no other UR car was there, so we though we were the very last ones to finish

later, i learned that no more than ~65 cars finished the ride, and that another group ended after we had left from the PetroCan

some photographers were driving along the rest of the riders, most noticeable were the FuelRiders crew in their box

but of course, because of the nature of the ride, and the amount of drivers involved, some incidents occured

and out of all the 350 cars, other skylines could be found

dynamiteQC;

random dude

another random dude

another another random dude

bonus pics

V8 FC

rare BMW Z3 M coupe

more pics

sigpic

Comment

• I want MOAR ! especially from UR Rewind ! wich i was in XD

Comment

• Stop working on your car and finish these damn chapters...you're a whole year behind!
              R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

• What was the probleme so your car wasn't able to keep a steady speed around 110km/h? My car is doing this right now... F*kin anoying...

Comment

• this is awesome, i like how it has been organized.. and the massive amount of pics
                  Double track drift, yo.
                  http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

• I spent some time last night and a little this morning going through this entire thread.

This is awesome!!

Comment

• Dude, you should publish a book.

Comment

• 1991 Nissan Skyline GTR R32 Photos: Jeremy Glover Notre dernière voiture du mois pour 2011 est cette Nissan Skyline GTR R32 blanche qui appartient à frankiman. Préparée par Almasi Tuning, elle produit 415whp @ 7200 RPM à 15,8 psi. Our last car of the month for 2011...

sigpic

Comment

• So does your car have 2 canards on each side now or did you remove them, or is this an old pic? I keep seeing different pictures with different amounts.

Comment

• ^^ i know i know

i had 1 set for most of the summer
                            then installed the second set the morning of the V2Lab shoot, 2 days before parking the car for winter
                            so the only ''twin canard" pics were taken on october 29th, all other pictures are older
                            sigpic

Comment

• Aren't you happy you didn't go with that big one piece canard lookin thingy lool.

Looks cleaner with 2 individual ones. Very nice work
                              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
                                Aren't you happy you didn't go with that big one piece canard lookin thingy lool.

Looks cleaner with 2 individual ones. Very nice work
                                yeah, but i might add something to them though (a vertical portion)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X