Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they are Rays Gram Lights 57DR in 18x10.5 +12 all around
    with Hankook Ventus RS-3 tires in 285/35/18 all around

but since i was one of the first people in the world to order the new 57DR, there wasn't alot of color choices unlike the popular 57D, so i got them "gun metal blue" (graphite) but i really don't like it, so one the first things to do this season is getting them repainted white

i just need to figure out how to gently remove the original stickers from Rays to reuse them once the new paint is applied..
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Wow very nice. Thanks for the specs. What do they weight

Comment

• 23.5lbs per wheel

55lbs per wheel&tire

not the lightest, but considering the sizes, its not bad
        sigpic

Comment

• I like.

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
          i just need to figure out how to gently remove the original stickers from Rays to reuse them once the new paint is applied..
          Window scraper (removes paint on a house window) and alot of patience. The sticky backing won't be able to be reused, but takes the stickers off in one piece if you take your time in removing them.
          Last edited by Skym; 01-19-2014, 04:22 AM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• A good read as always Frank. It's been months since I have been able to take the time to see why you've been up to.
            I'm lovin the new wheels. I'm on the fence with the new Dunlops out now as I found the RS3s to be poor in the rain and the Lops are only a few $ more and supposed to be very good in the rain. I'm going with a dedicated track tire this year too. Likely Hoosiers.
            Hope to see ya this summer. I don't think I'll be doing Tremblant though. I'm hoping for Cayuga and Mosport.

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
              since i was one of the first people in the world to order the new 57DR,
              Thanks for telling me this, you're part of my "awesome internet guys" list now.

Nice wheels I guess.
              No build thread.
              1991 nissan
              El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

• Thank you so much for documenting this build like you did. I have spend the last week reading through the whole thing! I bought a 1990 white GTR in Canada last month and I'm just waiting for it to turn 25 so I can bring it down to the US. With your level of detail I feel familiar with the mechanics of this car and I am putting a plan together for it now!
                Thanks again for all the work you put into sharing your work with us I really appreciate it.

Comment

• from last weekend's "Skyrise" event piggybacking a local drag event

from a recent autocross event, almost lifting a rear wheel in anger !

and a short video from a lappnig event earlier this summer

ohhh yeah, forgot to mention i went ahead and got my wheels repainted white, and swapped my tires for the right size at great cost

finnally installed my custom "first in the world" cruise control setup, thats works like a OEM unit

went back on the dyno and by playing with the intake cam timing, we found an extra 50 lbs.ft of torque under the carpet, for the same power !

won some trophies at Skymeet

had alot of fun on the track, over a dozen events

got a nice drawing from my neighbour

had "lots" of fun destroying then rebuilding my calipers

broke a couple things

and broke even more stuff
                  Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

overall, a pretty good summer, storing the car in a couple days, with over 7000km driven this year which is almost 40,000km total since i bought the car back in 2009
                  sigpic

Comment

• I look at your build and read your write ups religiously. I've sent the link to my buddy who was holding onto my car while I was over seas and I think its fair to say he took your knowledge and applied it to work he did to my car. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing and giving back to the GTR community.

Oh and fyi, i totally think i might end up biting more than i expected. I just got a set of Advan TCIII 18X10.5 +15 rims that I really want to get painted white because your car looks killer! (They're just as an extra set to my BBS LMs and more for just looks.) Also, I have only one set of the same canards and wanted to know if the additional set goes on easily. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Congrats at Skymeet btw! I hope we can start something similar to that in the USA with in the coming years.

-Orlando
                    Last edited by squirmos87; 10-15-2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• the canards are kind of a pain to get right because of the curvyness of the front bumper, once you get the right position on one side, tape it and measure its position to make sure to have symmetrical on the other side
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                        the canards are kind of a pain to get right because of the curvyness of the front bumper, once you get the right position on one side, tape it and measure its position to make sure to have symmetrical on the other side
                        Thank you!

Comment

• One of my favorite cars from the gtrcanada Calander! Suck a nice build Frank! White wheels on white car look much better too! Hopefully I can see her up close next skymeet.
                          Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

• what tire size did you end up going with? i know your RS3 were a 285 but you had said you got "proper" sized tires?
                            1990 Mazda Manyata (Turbo Miata 6psi 175whp 172wtq)
                            1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (13.5psi estimate of 320whp)

Comment

• the 18" 285 RS3 were only available in a 35 profile, which was 4% too big, about 1,1" too big on the diameter

i ended up with Dunlop Z2 in 285/30/18, which are spot on the right OD
                              havent had a single fitment problem with those
                              sigpic

Comment

• if i recall you were selling the cruise control kits? or no?
                                RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

Working...
                                X