91 R32 GTR Drifterrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 R32 GTR Drifterrr!

Well after having 9 hondas and loving everyone of them, i realized there was a reason why i had not kept one to build fully. This is when it hit me, i needed RWD...so after having my GSR hatch listed for sale for some time, with the motor ready to be pulled out, i get a text. An offer to trade my 93 GSR hatch for a 91 Skyline GTR....i thought it was too good to be true. Finally i pick up the car and see what the issue with it was. I was told theres a little rust...and after my second day out in it with bald rear tires i ended up smashing up the rear quarter and rim hitting a light post. So long story short, it gave me a reason to cut out the rusty lips i had and weld in some new ones i bought. This is where im at thus far....almost ready for paint.

If turning a honda civic into a Skyline GTR isn't magic...i dont know what is!!

ouch!
    GTRC-OG

Comment

Nice to see a rusty car getting unrusted. BUT, just because you can get away with driving like a ricer in a Honda, doesn't mean you can do it in a skyline. Not only did you end up saying hello to a light post, you also did so in a right hand drive car. That's not exactly gonna help our cause much.

Other then my asshole comment above, good job with the trade, and hopefully the car turns out as awsome as you'd hoped

Comment

LOL, what can i say....B18 civics are pretty quick, but a RHD twin turbo Skyline made it seem like more of a grocery getter. It was a definate rude awakening haha but it worked out for the best, was repaired for under $100 not including my labor and now im gunna drift it till the end.

Comment

? for you,

Do you have a rb25 transmission? And how long have you been driving this car?

And sorry to say man but b18's aren't really that quick. Hondas are good for reliability and thats about it. The people that dump cash in them to go fast i just plain and simple dont get it. To each his own i guess.

What are your plans as far as performance goes?
          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

no i have an RB26 tranny just like all the other AWD GTR's....im just running a drift switch for the AWD to turn it off...and this will be my first summer driving the car. Say what you want about hondas, other than the fact that they are FWD, they have a huge inventory of aftermarket parts, extremely easy accessability to parts and unreal power to weight ratios, super cheap build cars. Now that ive been introduced to the RWD twin turbo ill never be able to drive another honda again haha, maybe get one for my girlfriend haha

Comment

my plans are as follows....first thing suspension, coilovers, adjustable FUCAs and RUCA's, wheel spacers to clear front calipers on 19's,...other than that im going to drive it for the summer, then focus on more power down the road....

Comment

so your not going to swap out the tranny and oil pan? you'll be saving your self hundreds of pounds.
                Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

No...i still want AWD capability...i plan on driving this car all year and want to be able to get traction on and off the track at the flip of a switch...a few hundred pounds can be compensated for with a turbo and fuel upgrade

Comment

did you even weld that quarter panel or just bondo it on?
                    there is a hell of a lot on there...but goodluck with the build man. I'm sure you'll find a huge difference between hondas and this badboy. always a fun learning experience.

Comment

Its definately welded all the way around...and there isnt that much bondo on the entire piece. The majority of the bondo ended up in the corner of the rear quarter infront of the back tire...this is due to the fact that i have a GTR and had purchased a set of GTS-T rear quarters...but for $40 for both sides...i figured why not? Its a drift car....this isnt going to be a show car....its gotta be slammed, and buck the ass end out when its told. So yea...a little filler doesnt really make a big difference buddy....

Comment

Not to mention your in Ontario? .....buddy i sure hope you clean that car well.....or itll end up all cancerous like mine was....Ontario KILLS CARS!!! Move to BC haha

Comment

Well...after lots and lots of sanding, a few beers and a paint gun heres what weve got! Looks much better

Comment

I'm digging the flat black, good job on NOt using rattle cans

Quick question, why did you decide to not remove the GT emblems from the front fenders? Would have gone nicely with the "stealth" you have going on.

Comment

looks pretty sexy flat black
                              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Working...
                              X