No announcement yet.

Focused Motorsports BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the same thing with my long block, everything powder coated black, now the Itb side looks so clean!! Buri will be chroming my intake manifold n turbo
    All parts sold are no refund/exchange

Honda tuning is a LifeStyle
    Nissan tuning is to go stupid FAST !

Goals for 2013
    Get the dAmn thing rUnning

Comment

Originally posted by felix yuen View Post
      everything powder coated black, now the Itb side looks so clean
      Black is a clean look especially when your myself and don't have the patience to take care of chrome. Im trying to tidy it up a bit but far from how clean your bay is.

Comment

Downpipe and Dump pipes

I started with all 304 stainless pipe and prebent mandrel bends. Mig welded with stainless wire ran short on mandrel bends so I had to pie cut a few pipes. Anyways here it is

3" Downpipe with Vband

2x 1.5" Dump pipes

Top view when tacked together

The dump pipes exit just behind the front subframe pointed out towards the passenger side.
        Wastegates were fitted with 14 psi springs which should allow of peaceful driving in the city.
        Last edited by Imation; 05-20-2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Very nice work! I like the PS reservoir relocation. If I kept PS I would do the same for a cleaner look. I really like the look of the engine bay!
          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by Imation View Post
            The only reason I regret buying something stock is because of the huge amount of money that was needed to get it back into proper running condition. Repair work was neglected on my vehicle before it arrived, but I agree it is nice that everything is done the way I want it.
            Still beats trying to locate and correct other peoples mistakes on a modded vehicle. :P
            Double track drift, yo.
            http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Update Turbo Permanently Installed

Oil Return and feed Installed with lots of DEI heat shielding

Manifold Installed

Wastegates

Turbo Front View

Turbo Side View

Downpipe Heat Wrapped

Downpipe/Dump Tubes

Chargepipe and Filter
              Last edited by Imation; 08-06-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Wicked!

Comment

How did you remove the cold start valve?
                  95 R33 Gtr

RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Comment

really like the way its going so far. Wire tuck cleaned everything up and seemed to give you way more room to run that single. Great job man!!! Keep it up

Comment

Well it's been sometime figured I would post an update.

With the single turbo installed for over a year and my new fuel system upgraded it was time for more power and enough with street tuning.
                      I made an appointment at Raven Autosports, Atlantic Canada's only shop with a load holding Mustang dyno. The first day we spent 8 hrs working on drive ability and boost transition, lets be honest most of us build race cars that spend 95% of the time on the street.
                      By the end of the car we had cooked the alternator and my voltage was dropping below 12V over 6000rpm.
                      Results:
                      2psi @ 2500
                      7psi @ 3400
                      21psi @ 4200rpm

Teaser Video
                      http://youtu.be/g0BlwQhu7WE?list=UUz...3FwvyuSVCWt-aA

Day 2
                      Replaced alternator with one from Nissan Quest.
                      Many of the online guides assume all RB26 alternators are the same to my enjoyment I found out this is not the case.

So here is my step by step because if you use the instructions you printed off from the NICO club forums throw them in the garbage now because they are not worth the ink printed on the paper.

First buy a new Nissan Quest alternator and throw away your warranty card.
                      Next grab a drill bit and a grinder to fit the old hardware, once this is complete and you surly cannot return it start digging through your shopping cart of old Nissan alternators. Why you might ask? To find a 4 rib pulley roughly the same diameter that will fit your new alternator, because your old GTR alternator pulley that should swap over wont unless you have a machine shop in your shed.
                      Once this is done break out the plate steel and that grinder again and fab up a new adjuster.

I know that was a poor step by step but if you are at all mechanical you can do this with not too much trouble and you have a new larger and slightly higher amperage alternator that will give your factory output of 13.9-14.9 volts.

Day 3
                      Back on the Dyno for some WOT fun.

http://youtu.be/ZVFj0J66x_w?list=UUZ...5s4nJbzJXZiE7A

End results:
                      486whp 371tq with 91 pump.
                      We had to stop at 21-22psi my clutch started slipping when we went for more timing.
                      [/URL]

Comment

Awwwesome! I'm glad to hear things went well at Raven.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                          Awwwesome! I'm glad to hear things went well at Raven.
                          James took his time, had to push him to be a tad more aggressive with ignition timing, but end result was mechanical failure with still some respectable numbers for that Dyno on pump. Last pull we went to 7800rpm after 7000rpm the dyno drum reduced speed by 10mph while engine rpm still climbed. We ruled out wheel spin after coating the tires in anti slip goop.

Comment

I've been giving some thought to having a go on that dyno. Not for numbers but to see if he can clean up a couple of areas I'm not 100% happy with.
                            I'd still rather have Robin come to Halifax or wait until next year and take another trip to Montreal, get the tune cleaned up some more and go to Trembant again.

Comment

Nice thread Rob!
                              1992 BNR32 Skyline
                              285hp / 220tq @ 15.5PSI On Mustang Dyno 2014-09-22

Current Build:
                              Precision 6264 Turbo 1.00A/R
                              Tomei PonCam Type B
                              Manley Titanium Valvetrain
                              CP Pistons / Manley Rods
                              Supertec Spline Drive Oil Gears/Drive
                              N1 water pump / N1 Oil Pump
                              Haltech Platnium Pro
                              AEM Water/Menthanol
                              Tomei FPR
                              Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

May 9th, 2015 made 408whp @ 9PSI

Build Thread
                              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/62483-project-modworks-monster-r32-gtr-16.html

Comment

Originally posted by r32_nate View Post
                                Nice thread Rob!
                                I'm Rob. He's Dan.

Comment

Working...
                                X