No announcement yet.

KLO R33 GTR small build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a pretty good dyno sheet. I am amazed to see the difference from my 2860-5's to your Tomei's. Yours appear to come in a lot later in the powerband, but there is a nice full curve to redline.
    1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
    2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
    2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Wow! Good to see. I'm glad it went well for ya! Next time you're in town mine will be together. I have to wait for 1 freakin bearing to come from Japan.

Comment

The tomei turbos need a fair amount of exhaust pressure to spool , on stock cams mine start spooling at around 3400 and hit full at around 4500 on tomei manifolds . I spoke to tomei initially about this and they recommended the poncams to increase exhaust pressure .

The 7655 models are designed to work well with a stock engine using a decent cat back exhaust . This means using stock manifolds.

What you are seeing is good peak power later in the rpm range because you opened up the manifold ports for flow but slower spool time because this mod effectively slowed down the exhaust gas velocity. The exhaust wheel in these turbos is fairly large and requires gas with alot of velocity to spool up..

If you want another analogy take a running hose and squeeze the end and watch how much faster and with much more force the same volume of water comes out with. This is why Nissan has the size port it does on the stock exhaust. This gives much better turbo response but does restrict max power.

I over came this somewhat by programming my AVCR to keep the wastegates fully shut until it hits .8 bar opening fully at 1 bar - this makes sure that as much gas as possible is utilized.

My new block has poncams and some other things that will fully utilize these snails

Comment

Thanks cortexx that's a really good tip that I haven't heard of I thought the exhaust port was smaller to restrict flow. It actually makes sense to what your saying I've seen it with hydraulics when I worked at a hydraulic shop

And Bobbo... That sucks... To bad the car wasn't running
          Nice to see it tho it's really clean makes me ashamed to pop the hood on mine hopefully next year everything goes good
          95 R33 Gtr

RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Comment

Did the wastegate actuators come with your kit? Do you know if they are available seperately??

Comment

Originally posted by dsmart View Post
              Did the wastegate actuators come with your kit? Do you know if they are available seperately??
              Yes they came with the kit... You could ask Daryl he may be able to get them separately
              95 R33 Gtr

Comment

So I sold the tomei setup to a member here and looking forward to getting the single setup. Have a order ready to be placed through full race for a Borg Warner and tial wastegate.

As of now I'm making room for the turbo and moving some stuff around

Moved the power steering resivor where the charcoal canister was

Made a block of plate for the rear turbo oil return ... Now have this pattern saved to a file that I can cut if someone needs one. We use a Cnc plama table to do a lot of metal fab.
                Also got the start of my dp setup that I will be using. Just have to extend it to the back of the turbo.
                This is how is for now untill I get the rest gathered up

Also got a few shot of move a rhdhybrids car before they were put up for the winter

Last edited by cory; 10-23-2012, 03:58 PM.
                95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Interesting..I wonder why my rack return line doesn't reach as far as yours.

More pics of the turbo please.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleStreak View Post
                    Interesting..I wonder why my rack return line doesn't reach as far as yours.

More pics of the turbo please.
                    All I did with mine was flip it over it fit then. As for the turbo I haven't order yet still trying to figure out if its the right one for me. I was something that spools low...
                    I was looking at the s300sx fmw with a .91 a/r and flat tip. I'm not quite sure if its gonna fit with the greddy manifold tho

Car ready to be put to hibernation
                    95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Not sure if the fitment will be far off compared to an r32 gtr, but just to chime in, I've got the greddy manifold and bw8375 .91a/r and it fits nicely in my car.

Good luck keep us updated!

Comment

Also it looks like your trying to use the original manifold washers. I did the same thing when I installed my manifold and ran into an issue with the studs not being quite long enough which caused some exhaust leakage. I ditched the washers and just used the nuts, problem solved.

Something to watch out for.

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for tip... I only got the manifold layed there for now the nuts are only finger tight but it looks like I will have to change the washers. Did you have and pics of how it sits in your car? I just took a better angled pic to see. It do sit back a little further than the 6 boost...it's the same manifold they use with the t88 so I'm guessing it should fit
                          95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Jesus thats quite the view from your front lawn....must be nice!
                            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Working...
                            X