Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markdett's r32 GTR restoration and full engine rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the interior back in the other weekend

R35 GTR rear badge for a bit of an update.

Comment

Did a few comparison photos of Nismo VS standard rb26 plenum.....

A little more balanced across the numbers (note the restriction to number 6 inlet on standard plenum).

Collector size is a fair bit larger then standard

Nismo

Standard

Note how harsh the castings are on the standard one.

Nismo

Standard.

Comment

Ok few pretty large updates......

Engine is now assembled as a long motor, and started bolting everything around it this week.

Heres a photo abit of the way through the assembly of the short motor.

And heres another one im putting into a territory ATM. (slightly unrelated but good on the eyes)

Had a set back with the crank shaft though. For some strange reason one of the centre bearing thrust faces had not been cleaned/linished. Why? your guess is as good as mine. Also noticed a slight groove on the surface also. Took to the machinsist's and got them to get the surface smooth again and a linish. Think he said he took about 2thou off it. Re-checked crankshaft end float and thankfully we were still well within the manufacturers specs.

I now also have a spare dash which im going to get flocked with a few other interior trims. So stay tuned for some pics, will also upload more of the engine getting put together in the next few days!

Comment

Short motor is now assembled. Needs to purchase manifolds and its ready to put in the hole.....

Here are some pics.

2 degrees advanced on the inlet, 2 degrees retarded on the exhaust. ATI 1000hp dampner

Exhaust ports (again)

Inlets (again)

Wrinkle red, looking kind of orange :\

tada!

Large package arrived for me today from Tomei, Lets upon it up and see whats inside.....

Box 1

Tomei expreme turbo outlet's. I believe expreme refers to "supreme exhuast"

quality casting

Inlet, unseperated.

Outlets which i believe are 2.5 inch.

Box two is a Tomei fuel pump. Kit is direct fitment, even comes with OEM tank seal.

Box three is Tomei expreme exhaust manifolds

I believe this are the 2nd type (after the had problems with others cracking). Welds inside the manifolds for reinforcement, and thicker metal?

Quality of welds is 2nd to none.

Larger diameter manifolds outlets, which have come ported.

Larger diameter and ported inlets too.

Awesome products by Tomei!

Comment

Short motor is now assembled. Needs to purchase manifolds and its ready to put in the hole.....

Here are some pics.

2 degrees advanced on the inlet, 2 degrees retarded on the exhaust. ATI 1000hp dampner

Exhaust ports (again)

Inlets (again)

Wrinkle red, looking kind of orange :\

tada!

Large package arrived for me today from Tomei, Lets upon it up and see whats inside.....

Box 1

Tomei expreme turbo outlet's. I believe expreme refers to "supreme exhuast"

quality casting

Inlet, unseperated.

Outlets which i believe are 2.5 inch.

Box two is a Tomei fuel pump. Kit is direct fitment, even comes with OEM tank seal.

Box three is Tomei expreme exhaust manifolds

I believe this are the 2nd type (after the had problems with others cracking). Welds inside the manifolds for reinforcement, and thicker metal?

Quality of welds is 2nd to none.

Larger diameter manifolds outlets, which have come ported.

Larger diameter and ported inlets too.

Awesome products by Tomei!

Mocked up the turbos. Decided to run the Tomei multi layer exhaust manifold gasket rather the the HKS one (supplied with the HKS head gasket kit). The Tomei gasket has a much thicker center layer over the HKS one.

Had to carry out the usual mods to the oil drains (enlarging the holes).

Received a large package from RHD the other day (took 3 days to get from Japan to my doorstep). This was its contents.......

The wallet hurter!
            Mines Cam baffles

Comment

Started on the Intake side today.
              HKS metal gasket Hylomar'd and ready to roll!

Last look at the port before i close her up

Bolted up/Torqued

Smooth out the DJ nipples

Started the fitment of the Mines triple flow cam baffles. Kept hearing stories of how people had to modify to get them to fit. I didn't run into ANY clearance issues when fitting these. Im also running Tomei cam studs which stick out alot further then stock.
              Original Baffles

Baffle plate removed (notice the OEM gauze)

Gauze (one from each cover)

New gauze supplied with cam baffles fitted

Baffle plate installed

Here's a pick of how much larger my cam studs are. Also had to remove the oil splash guides and fit them to the last two cam caps

Over and out!!!!!

Comment

Wow, that is a true labour of love. Very impressive project!

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR33 View Post
                  Wow, that is a true labour of love. Very impressive project!
                  Thank you kind sir,

Its been alot of years since the car has been driven, im not gonna know what to do once its all back together

Comment

Nice work mate!

I was wondering whats the part numbers of oem windshield/back window mouldings/seals? for the doors too?

Keep the good work! will follow your thread 4 sure...
                    My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred-R View Post
                      Nice work mate!

I was wondering whats the part numbers of oem windshield/back window mouldings/seals? for the doors too?

Keep the good work! will follow your thread 4 sure...
                      Thanks man, if you want me to get the full part numbers for you Inbox me your VIN and ill check the fast system for you .

Comment

Must be nice after all these years to get the ball rolling! How much was the bumper?
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

nice work man... looks like a dream come true... pm if you have anymore questions!

Curt

P.S. BALLA CLUB!!!!

Comment

I like your style, best of luck!

BTW, what killed your #2? Detonation? Caused by what?
                            1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Subscribed.
                              SUCH NICE WORK! Inspiring.

Comment

Shoulda bought a Tomei long block lol. They send it assembled (one of the top 5 RB shops in the world IMO)

They're not that expensive, the cheapest long block they have is $17k!

nice project car though probably one of the best in Canada!

Edit: haha, you're not in Canada, nm... you Aussies are wild!!! thumbs up!

The cam baffles, I dont' know how you didnt' have clearance issues, I used the same exact parts and had to chop down 4 tomei studs that were hitting the baffles. As for the foam, now I know what that was for lmao, I couldn't read japanese so I assumed it was packaging crap which I chucked! I would have clued in had my stock covers had the gauze though they didn't...

fawk!
                                Last edited by NismoS-tune; 08-09-2012, 09:16 PM.
                                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X