Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markdett's r32 GTR restoration and full engine rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
    Must be nice after all these years to get the ball rolling! How much was the bumper?
    The bumper cost just under 500AUD. I know Nissan where having a big sale on some R32 GTR parts, but im pretty certain that sale has ended.

Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
    nice work man... looks like a dream come true... pm if you have anymore questions!

Curt

P.S. BALLA CLUB!!!!
    Thanks man, I just love using the jap parts, like my our tuner says. " The japs have been doing this for years".

Originally posted by Marus92 View Post
    I like your style, best of luck!

BTW, what killed your #2? Detonation? Caused by what?
    Thanks man. Wasnt 100% sure. It was on number 2 cylinder which i thought was pretty wierd seeing as most pop number 6. Maybe an injector issue or dead fuel pump. Maybe even a combination of both?

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
    Subscribed.
    SUCH NICE WORK! Inspiring.
    Thanks sir!

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
    Shoulda bought a Tomei long block lol. They send it assembled (one of the top 5 RB shops in the world IMO)

They're not that expensive, the cheapest long block they have is $17k!

nice project car though probably one of the best in Canada!

Edit: haha, you're not in Canada, nm... you Aussies are wild!!! thumbs up!

The cam baffles, I dont' know how you didnt' have clearance issues, I used the same exact parts and had to chop down 4 tomei studs that were hitting the baffles. As for the foam, now I know what that was for lmao, I couldn't read japanese so I assumed it was packaging crap which I chucked! I would have clued in had my stock covers had the gauze though they didn't...

fawk!
    Yeah considering all I paid for was machining cost and parts I got my short motor done pretty cheap (under 6K). The motor was assembled by myself and our engine builder. He has a pretty good rep here in aus, and has built some pretty mean RB's. One of which has seen almost 40,000kms of hard track use (only) which is still on its original engine that he built. Its a HKS 2.8 with the new garret GTX small frames (gtx2863 from memory). Made 680hp on E85, full boost by about 3,700rpm. Thing was wild to drive.

In regards to the cam baffles, have you run the car without the foam?. Maybe see if you can get in contact with mines and see if you can get a replacement foam?
    Last edited by markdett; 08-10-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I've run the car without the foam yeah, didn't have any blow by. at 100 deg oil temp (when racing), I'm sketical that the foam would melt? haha probably not.
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
        I've run the car without the foam yeah, didn't have any blow by. at 100 deg oil temp (when racing), I'm sketical that the foam would melt? haha probably not.
        The foam doesnt feel like any ordinary foam, Its pretty coarse, and i rekcon could be used as an abrassive. Its like steel whool but plastic.

Havent seen any drama's running the foam, also thats wierd about the clearnace!

Comment

I wouldn't say weird about clearance. I thought it said that on their site (in regard to the Tomei cam studs).

No luck on the foam. No biggie, I have other mods to help with that anyway.
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Update....

Received the HiOctane sump a few weeks back. Very happy with the quality of work they put into it. However upon closer inspection and clean down of the gasket surface's I found 2 cracks.

And the crack

My original sump is now at HiOctane getting the mods done. Its not HiOctanes fault for the cracks, they where pretty understanding and giving me some cash back for it.

Some other parts have arrived.

HKS fuel rail with HKS 1000cc injectors (thanks GTRgav). Also has speedflow 200 series fittings.

Rail Fitted

Plenum torqued and ITB's adjusted.

No fakes.

Nismo engine mounts

Nismo catch can. Really like the idea of draining its contents back into the sump.

-12 push in rocker cover fittings

Tomei Fuel pressure reg (type L) and Tomei pressure gauge.

Again no fakes.

Hotside is now torqued down.

HKS cold side gaskets, Tomei on the cold side.

Once the Sump gets back its ready to be dropped in. Also ordered a brand new Engine main harness which is currently sitting at work.

Comment

awesome build man, looking very clean!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome color combo/ choice in quality parts.
                Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

awsomely epic build
                  Its not just a car, Its a Life style
                  O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

*slobbering*

Comment

Picked up my new main engine harness yesterday.

De-pinned the injector plugs so the new plugs can be used on the HKS blues, Also intergrated the DJ harness into the new harness.

Also wheels are now wrapped and fitted. Needs a little moar low but will need to drop the engine in before i adjust.

Comment

**** nice project man alot of quality parts !!

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
                        2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyGTR View Post
                          **** nice project man alot of quality parts !!
                          Thanks man.

How is the getrag for fitment. Gonna think about putting one in mine. You just get a rear shaft made and use the 34r gearbox mount? Also what about the switches?

Comment

What AN fitting size did you need for the HKS rail? can't find info anywhere
                            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Nice build, its rare to see someone actually doing everything.

Reminds me of my build, which was best part even better then actually driving the car :P

Your using speedflow 200 hose/fittings which I regretfully used aeroquip kevlar/rubber hose (sorta like speedflow 120 series). No fuel smell FTW!!!

Don't stop, keep it up, for myself I found the end was the hardest part. Most people take the cheap way out (used parts, ebay pieces, etc...) and try to get it done, you on the other hand are doing it all the right way.

@Nismo S-tune; its proabably similar to the tomei M20x1.5 to -6. I think almost all JAP rails are -6, HKS is no different.

Comment

Sadly, the Tomei fuel rail is much larger and has larger ports. I have pictures on my build thread, near the end, that show how tiny the HKS fuel rail is. It's actually smaller than the OEM, the ports that is. I thinks it's maybe 3/8 at most.
                                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X