Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some order restored to the interior as well,

Comment

Interesting build/restoration. Keep up the excellent work. Good too see another Soob fan on here. I've got virtually the line up an 09 Legacy 3.0R and an '09 XT.

Comment

Good to see another guy treating an R right
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Nice work! done lots of sweet projects looking foward to seeing more!
          1990 R32 GTR 329awhp @12psi stock turbos

Comment

It's been quite some time and not much has changed, I have been sidetracked with a lot of stuff but I have done a little here and there. Zac has pointed me to the LS coil mod so I purchased from a fellow member in an effort to upgrade my oem coils.

Also a replacement fuel cover that I can drill to fitt AN fittings to have a true -8AN return and will get the appropriate wire harness setup to run through the new lid,

Comment

Okay collected my new Swirl Tank Setup, looks decent and at 4.4ltrs should be fine, also got some -6AN braided lines and AN fittings as well, just need to pickup some -8AN braided lines and fittings and run them for the fuel setup.
              Swirl Tank Setup,

Comment

Picked up a lot of stuff, rain guards, rear interior dashboard interior, quarter glass interior, nismo rear knuckle bushings, nismo steering rack bushings, oem steering rack boots, inner and outer front ball joints, cusco rucas, cusco hicas eliminators, new hicas boot rubbers, carbon shift knob, Sard 1000cc injectors, rear knuckle axle seal, Greddy single turbo block off oil return, Nismo oil cap, replacement rear tailight, engine subharness, rear oh-**** handles, Brembo brake speed bleeder, stereo brackets and stereo harness.

Comment

Got some stuff a while back blasted by a fellow tuner, the LCA needs to be wire brushed a little as I have left them for some time, they will be treated for the metal parts and painted and coated to last longer and be easier to clean. The exhaust heatshield too came back very decent from having a tough life.

Comment

Got a little bit done over the long weekend, got the rear windscreen and new inner and outer moldings installed and also the front Silvia windscreen refitted. After that I installed the rear R32 dashboard parcel shelf aka rear dashboard and then fitted the rear seat backrest and then installed the roof liner and all the accessories like house light, map lights, visors, mirror and oh-**** handles, fitted my new quarter glass interior panels and lower panels and refitted the seatbelts and then installed the Cusco half cage and lastly the lower rear seat. Took a while but came out alright. Next thing on the agenda is the trimming of the carpet to accommodate the cage, any advice on how to cut this, I want it as neat as possible. After that is trimmed I will refit door sills and install the R34 GTR front seats and begin running wiring for the gauges and all my custom stuff. After this I wanna concentrate on the fuel setup and suspension and braking and then lastly the engine install. Stay Tuned,
                    New Quarter Panel interior

Rain Guards Installed, front glass is leaking, excuse the paperwork ,

Cage and Rear Seats finally in with rear interior, sponge will be taped and installed where necessary,

The Ole Silvia finally getting some work done to her, she is coming back on the road soon, just need to get two know areas patched, apparently it is a weakness with most nissans just behind the front shock towers. Front windscreen refitted, some other things will be added this coming month, twin disc clutch, hks internal gate, power fc, suspension has already been addressed, keeping the Driftwork coilovers, iKeya RUCAS, Megan Racing Toe Arms, 5-Zigen 17's, just need to have the bonnet fitment sorted and have some small bits for the engine bay and then end of month insurance and that should be it for a while, maybe a VE-T in the future but when that time comes. Of course a full detail is way overdue.

Comment

Not much updates, got a friend to help me tighten the cage properly, took the dive and cut the carpet and fitted it properly and that pretty much completed the cage and carpet install. Also installed my R34 GT-R front seats, they need a little love and I think they will be redone once the car is up and running with the entire interior in a symphony black leather with Bride inserts in seats and doors. That will be way later on down the road, but man do they hug the driver lovely.

Today i will be tackling the defi wiring, installing glovebox, maybe the Nardi Steering wheel, installing a-pillar panels and Trust dual a-pillar pod with defi gauges. Maybe clear out the trunk interior and start marking out the plan for the fuel setup. Gonna also wire-brush the R34 bolting points and use some rust fix on it and then repaint in black, all of the ends are pretty much flaky and have surface rust.

Comment

Okay got some more things that came in a while now, have a couple more things on the way, both for the silvia and the R32. Pics below,
                        R34 GT-R seatbelt harness finisher,

Couldn't wait, the fit was really snug so it should not come loose,

R32 Oil Catchcan, I need to tap two more AN fittings into this for some other stuff,

Silvia T28 Collector pipe, looks awesome in person and the quality is really good, thick and strong, I have studs to put on already,

R32 GT-R Ignition and lock setup, never comfortable buying a used car so i always change the lock and ignition,

Blitz Turbo Timer and Boost gauge, cheap but functional just like the R32 ,

Z32 Air Flow Meter for Silvia,

R32 Leather shift Boot, E-brake Boot, E-brake handle boot, console tray leather finisher and center console armrest leather finisher,

S15 Cusco Tension Rod with optional air duct bracket,

Comment

Sorry but change of jobs and not much time to do anything. All I managed to do was swap the ignition switch, still need to swap the door locks and get the trunk lock done same time,

All Fitted,

Comment

Still nothing much done but I have a new addition to the family.......................... isn't she cute ,

To be put on the silvia, 18X8 and 18X9 in weak offsets but will rock some spacers and adjust the stance and pull the rear fenders and then do the last touches on the old gal and look to sell her. I want to make sure everything is good before she finds a new home, she is only driven once or twice a month .

I may be picking up the balance of the braided lines tomorrow and begin some work on the R32 again, once I have completed running the fuel setup then I can drop back on the rear and front suspension, brakes, bleed them and the ABS, rear half of the driveshaft and then concentrate on installing the engine and all the accessories. Still have to pickup the front windscreen and some other small items but the bulk of stuff is home waiting.

Comment

Oh forgot this, I purchased this to do my own thing since the metal bonnet has been adjusted to fit much better now.
                              Yup a URAS Quad Center Vent from the Motherland, not a copy, Monkey Magic Bizniss!!! Once the vent is lined up and bonnet marked off, I will carefully cut the top laye leaving the under ribbing using a thing cutting disc on a die grinder and carefully separating the ribbing and then riveting the vent on and then either leaving it as it with a mean look or glassing it onto the bonnet and painting the bonnet along with the bodykit once in the shop. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

Dont forget the Garage DF paneling coming in

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
                                For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

Working...
                                X