• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0738854&type=1

Focused Feature for Week 6!
    1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Wow i knew i recognized the pic of where you bought your car haha i got mine not far from there back in 2006! really nice project bro! keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
        Haha! She wasn't cooking for me, she was at work making sure we had enough money
        J/K of course. Sorry I wasn't able to give you the meal I had promised but hopefully my kitchen work was good enough. Allison has been working like crazy. I haven't spent much time with her in weeks.
        Great meeting you Alex and thanks again for the AMAZING job you did on my cars. I hope to see you and Frank when I get there on the 18th or over the weekend.

strange how at 10am on the 18th I am at robin's place
        Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Just to verify that all the hard work was worth while I competed in a Time Attack yesterday. Placed first over all (not including the Formula BMW cars) with very consistent runs and improved on my personal best lap time by about 5 tenths despite the rediculous heat.
          I'll post the results once they are up.
          Last edited by bobbo; 01-13-2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Time for a little more tweaking. Thanks to Steve Phillips for taking the time to corner balance the car for me.
            Turns out the weight bias in these is comparable to a 911 except in reverse. About 60/40.
            Car weighs 3467 with me and about 2/3s of a tank of gas for anyone wondering exactly what these cars weigh.

The end result was a side to side balance within 64 lbs. The cars are naturally heavy on the drivers side and considering my 200 lb carcass that's pretty damn good. I doubt I'll notice a difference but it won't hurt.
            I think the next steps will be stiffening the chassis and some adjustable stabilizer bars.
            Last edited by bobbo; 07-16-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

thats awsome, you'll see, a good corner balancing changes the feel of the car so much
              its a very important step of setting up a car for track use that just too many people ignore

3467, huh, yep mine is very heavy, with all the extra bits (cage, diffusers, coolers) mine comes in at 3400 lbs without me in it
              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Are you going to be able to come by Robins Thursday? Alex is getting his car done again around 10:00 and I'm booked for 3:00.

Comment

Wednesday is the start of a big week. My wife and I are headed to Saint John for a quick visit with family then getting up stupid A.M. to head to Montreal (Delson) to see Robin at Almasi to get the new set up tuned. Then straight for Tremblant.
                  Stand by for updates and WISH US LUCK! Hopefully "GTR FAITH 2.0" goes as good this year as it did last.

Comment

Have at them, show us what a GTR can do! (and what I'm missing out on )
                    1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Thanks Marc.
                      I've done everything I can to make sure the car is reliable and then some for this trip. If it's not new it's been tested and/or inspected. That only leaves the unpredictable variables. The car has been running perfectly so far this year and even did a track day in the rain to make sure I wasn't going to have any issues.
                      As a side note. What a difference in initial bite with the Project Mu rotors from the the AMS rotors. Might be because both the rotors and pads are new but I don't remember noticing this big of a difference before.

Comment

Time Attack results are up. Click on the link and select Run Group 1 for run times. I'm quite happy overall with the times and consistancy.
                        The platform for racers. MYLAPS Speedhive is your place to check results, follow races and go faster.

Comment

Im not sure which one you are... sorry bobbo i dont know your name but i am curious as to how you did. Let us know, thanks.

Comment

Rob?bobby?

Comment

Oh yea. My name is Rob Barker. Car #5
                              Last edited by bobbo; 07-17-2013, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Nice bobbo epic lap time!

Comment

Working...
                                X