Bobbo's build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
    Actually I do have some. Regretfully I'm currently deployed and am too lazy to updates on a smart phone.
    I haven't seen home in 2 months and I'll be lucky if I'm home for Xmas. $hi+ ya gotta do to pay the billz! *shaking head*
    You mean "choices YOU made to pay the bills" lol lots of us are home everyday and do well.... :S I'm sure you had a choice somewhere in the journey!
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
      You mean "choices YOU made to pay the bills" lol lots of us are home everyday and do well.... :S I'm sure you had a choice somewhere in the journey!
      Always have choices. Like most people I might occasionally complain about my job. That being said I really enjoy what I do and I'm fortunate enough to belong to a very exclusive "community" as a result.
      Plus occasionally I get to tell people that I can't tell them where I was and what I did.

Comment

Thanks to Kunio at GTR-Garage I've got a solid up date and a pallet of happiness on its way from Japan.
        With some additional help from Adam at Feast and others I'll be adding in some more grip, more stop, a slight facelift and maybe a little more response.

Comment

adaboy !! facelift.. im curious, i thought you liked the oem look
          Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
            Thanks to Kunio at GTR-Garage I've got a solid up date and a pallet of happiness on its way from Japan.
            With some additional help from Adam at Feast and others I'll be adding in some more grip, more stop, a slight facelift and maybe a little more response.
            ETA? Anything?! You can't keep us hanging, comon!
            1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

I was told the shipment was supposed to be picked up today so it'll be a few weeks.
              I didn't spend $15g or more so I couldn't overnight parts from Japan

Alex I do prefer the oem look. This will be a subtle change. *cough* Ganador *cough*
              Last edited by bobbo; 01-14-2014, 06:31 AM.

Comment

great!
                Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

great build story Rob! Great to connect with you and thanks again for the pic of the seat belt.
                  Cheers!
                  been there, wrecked that.

Comment

Just read the whole thread and I'm so happy to see such a clean build on this car. Keep pushing and maybe even install a race seat to feel the car on track!

Comment

So the winter months are rolling on, I paid my dues on a 3 month deployment, took the wife to Mexico for a week and now it's time to get down to business.
                      Need to get some PM underway so for starters:

I've always wanted to get my hands on an equal length downpipe and got this from a member:

It's condition wasn't up to par so after a little google search on how to restore SS and some elbow grease:

It's difficult for me to go too long without chatting with my friend Kunio at GTR-Garage and reason my bank accout takes a regular $hit kicking. As always he NEVER dissapoints:

I wanted some track wheels. Now having a truck and access to a trailer(s) I'm wanting to try to take the car a bit further to see what the car and I are capable of. These will be wrapped in something VERY sticky. Not exactly sure what yet.
                      Kunio was a huge help getting these for a great price:

Adam at Feast helped me out with this gem. Hopefully dispite the mixed reviews I don't regret the purchase. It was a total impulse buy:

Daryl at RightDrive helped me out with this one. I've been putting this off for too long. I had the interior apart two years ago and my neighbors little boy took a run into my garage an knocked my old piece over snapping a couple of tabs off. I received this while I was away. It's always nice getting new parts from right from Nissan instead of dealing with 20 year old fragile bits:

Still some more to come and I'll update as things arrive.
                      Last edited by bobbo; 02-06-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Let me know what you think of the MT-90.

I have heavy shock proof in my skyline; it was suffering from a really bad case of the 4th gear blues. I can honestly say it is one of the few products that is as good as it's praised. I went from not being able to shift in to 4th above 3000 to 8000 shifts no problems... It is, however, corrosive so we'll see how long the syncros hold up.

After I rebuild the transmission I'd like to find something a little gentler on it.

Comment

I like the stuff. This will be my second time using it. My 4-5 is getting tired but other than that the syncros are ok. I don't speed shift that often either. It's not worth the additional abuse IMO.

Comment

^ Ditto on the MT-90. I had trouble with my 2nd gear with Royal Purple Maxgear but I was aiming for long-term reliability so MT-90 was the clear choice. And it seems like it was the right choice.

BTW Rob, wicked job on the downpipe, I'm blown away. You should share your magic recipe.

Edit: Also, good call on the shifter, I have the ebay knockoff and it's a definite upgrade so yours should be night and day. Just a tip though, if you find that the screws have trouble to catch the threads in the crest brackets, change the socket cap screws to M6x25mm. Its more annoying to bolt on but at least you can distribute the load more evenly. I had installed mine sucessfully with the M6x15mm but the assembly popped off and I didn't even notice until a week after since it was still somewhat loaded (the shifter was held in place just from the assembly pressure, it wasn't clamped anymore). The trouble was that it was too hard to catch the threads so when the first screw did catch a tad bit of thread, it was already pressured and it skewed the balance of the assembly. Anyway, I know what I mean and went for 25mm instead so that they bolts would catch before applying pressure to the assembly.

Also, I'm super jealous. Not only because you have nice parts and all, but because you can make your shifter setup even nicer with a solid bushing. Definitely look into it if you want to enjoy some *CHA-CHINK* action.
                            Last edited by MarusGTR; 02-08-2014, 11:59 PM.
                            1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

It seems as though it'll be very solid. To be honest the one pictured is for an S chassis or RB25. I realized once I had my shifter out the ball was a different size and the dimensions were off. Adam has a replacement on its way.
                              I think I'll use some blue Loctite though.
                              Do you still have the door pads you removed? I've been wanting to get my hands on some since I got the car.

Comment

Time for some more updates as bits have continued to arrive.
                                To deal with my distane for unmatched seats and after a few drinks and an impulse buy off of eBay I ended up with this showing up at my door...

A day or two later another package arrived from Adam at Feast and it was like Christmas in my Garage!

There's quite a difference between the oem bars and the Cusco bars...

A little wrenching later...

I picked this up from Costco. I needed something better to work on. The garage floor and a bar fridge just weren't cutting it anymore.

I had to take a run down to the US border to pick up some new "shoes".

The new Dunlop Direzza ZIIs were from TireRack and the Nitto NT-01s were from Discount Tire Direct. DTD won't ship Nittos to Canada because of an agreement with another Canadian Tire store.
                                All of this in preperation for my next track adventure. http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=699
                                I won't be driving to this one. I purchased a truck so will be trailoring the car the 17 hours each way.
                                There are a few more updates to come!

Comment

Working...
                                X