No announcement yet.

Bobbo's build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have thought the same as normally manufacturers install them that way.
    The problem I had was it simply wouldn't fit through without removing the IM and the fwd turbo WG actuator.
    If I didn't have AC or HICAS it would've been a snap.

Comment

That is so cool, I like.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Good work there!

Comment

Nice Rob, what are you doing anyways?
          1992 BNR32 Skyline
          285hp / 220tq @ 15.5PSI On Mustang Dyno 2014-09-22

Current Build:
          Precision 6264 Turbo 1.00A/R
          Tomei PonCam Type B
          Manley Titanium Valvetrain
          CP Pistons / Manley Rods
          Supertec Spline Drive Oil Gears/Drive
          N1 water pump / N1 Oil Pump
          Haltech Platnium Pro
          AEM Water/Menthanol
          Tomei FPR
          Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

May 9th, 2015 made 408whp @ 9PSI

Build Thread
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/62483-project-modworks-monster-r32-gtr-16.html

Comment

Love your build man, you put nice parts where it counts! Why are you removing the engine ?

-a silver GTR brother.

Comment

For those that are asking my plans are very simple.
              Oil pump (and collar) water pump, timing belt, pulley ect., motor/trans mounts, replace the coolant and vac lines, reseal my throttle plates, oil pan baffle, transmission baffle, remove the HICAS, and replace the rear diff. Oh, I finally found a set of SunLine adjustable FUCAs. They appear to be an excellent design.
              All of that and I have to sail from mid February to end April. $hit.
              Anyway back to build stuff.

Here's where I'm at now...

Last edited by bobbo; 01-27-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

keep it up ! I know what your going through loll
                Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Looks awesome. If you need a hand after you come back from deployment I'm just a phone call away.

What's up with the transmission baffle? We're you having issues?

Comment

"Drew" can you PM me you number? It's easier to send the suspension info that way.
                    Turns out during high G corners I'd through oil out of the neck where the shifter goes through and trail smoke as it burned off on the exhaust. I never got black flagged but it raised some concerns.
                    Here's the part... Thanks GTR-Garage!!!

You just remove the bolts that hold the top plate on around the shifter, bolt this in place and reassemble. Problem solved.

Comment

Lots of work ahead of you Rob! I'm pulling the engine for the first time soon, any tips for a newb?

Comment

PATIENCE. Label EVERYTHING and take pictures. I put any fasteners back in their locations when possible. Get a paint marker and a case of your favourite beer. You'll earn every one

Comment

Update:
                          Everything is finally back in and running and like all things with cars it was over time and over budget.
                          I'll be putting some pics up and details of what was done shortly.

Comment

Yeeeeee buddy! Good job.

Is it going to make it to the nationals?

Comment

If you mean the National Time Attack yes. Work and weather permitting.

Comment

Arrright. So here's what's been done since I pulled the motor.
                                Crank was removed, machined and a Nitto crank crank collar was installed.
                                Installed an N1 pump with a Reimax gear set.
                                New ACL "race" rod and main bearings installed.
                                New timing set with a Greddy belt.
                                New Nismo engine and transmission mounts.
                                New inner and outer front tie rods and boots.
                                Complete HICAS delete with a Turtle Garage HICAS delete kit (nice kit btw).
                                Nismo shifter input baffle plate installed.
                                Autobahn full piping kit (vacuum and cooling pipes) replacing all of the dried aging piping was installed.
                                New Mishimoto radiator installed.
                                All fluids were replaced with Redline products except I use LiquiMoly engine oil. It's easier for me to get.
                                Both front CVs were rebuilt.
                                Rear diff clutch pack was replaced with the Nismo upgrade kit (again). This is temporary until I recover from this and have some scratch for an OSG, Tomei or whatever.
                                Turbos were removed, taken to Stairs Diesel in Dartmouth and inspected. Thankfully given a clean bill of health.
                                Full turbo gasket kit was used to replace all of the gaskets when they were reinstalled.

I really want to mention that virtually all of the parts were provided by Daryl at RightDrive with very fair pricing, excellent communication and fast shipping. He's saved my skin more times than I can count with sound advice and parts availability.

Pics to follow if I get time.
                                Last edited by bobbo; 08-29-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X