No announcement yet.

3 Years, 3 Motors and finally in the 700whp club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^LuckyGTR, sort of an irrelevant statement. 11.7's have been done on gtr's with stock turbos, so that's like saying something is wrong with 502whp and only doing 11.7. Nothing's "wrong", Jon just needs to get used to the new found power, and will lay down a 10 later on.
    Sent from my C625a using Board Express

Comment

Lucky I'm sorry I'm not as fast as you bro. John we just wanted to be safe and work our way towards the threshold. Better than the other way around. I really just need more seat time to be able to drive her to her potential
      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Lol i always loook like te bad guy wen i just try to understand shitZ lol

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
        2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyGTR View Post
          Lol i always loook like te bad guy wen i just try to understand shitZ lol
          Everything comes down to the driver...you could have 5000000hp and still run 15 second pass. Like Jon said he's just getting his feet wet with this car. Few more runs and he'll have the machine dialed in and be kicked off the track until he has a cage.

Keep it up Jon, keep us updated
          gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

Been pretty busy over the last week working on the car. Finally got a cut and buff and polish to work out some of the minor imperfections left over from the paint job. The quality of the buff and cut job was great. If anybody needs a quality mobile detailer in the lowermainland look up diablo detailing or pm me for his contact info!

(ignore the ugly different color lugs)

I ordered a set of open ended neo chrome lugs along with a set of 60mm extended chromoly wheel studs.

My next task was to plumb in a catch can. I thought about having independent speed shop take care of it as their fab skills are bar none but i didnt want to fork out the money and figured i could still come up with an acceptable product for cheaper. I first ordered a set of an12 press in fittings from rawbrokerage. They were <$30 shipped. Once they got here i started to remove the breathers off my cam covers. I read alot on how to remove them and decided the best course of action was to get two 1/2" extensions put them in each hole and twist back and forth till they poped out. This method worked with a bit of sweat and tired forearms. I then froze the press in fittings over night and gave them a good tap and in they went.

After I got the fittings in i was off to mopac. At mopac I got two 90* an12 to -12 hose fittings, two 45* an 12 to -12 hose fittings, 8 feet of -12 braided line, and a moroso 2.5L catch can. I tried a few different mock ups

but finally settled with running them under my intake for a cleaner look. I then used a 3" hole saw and cut a hole for the catch can to sit. I then tack welded the bracket to the chassis and she was done.

Overall I am happy with the set up and it is effective however with the press in fittings it sits higher than I would like. It clears my hood it just doesnt look as clean as it would if it sat a little lower. All said and done the set up set me back $250 which wasnt too bad and about half the cost of having a shop put something together for me.

After the catch can was done I made another trip out to ISS to have bill set up my antilag.

(click to play)

Vipec made it easy for bill to set up. Its based off speed control and set at 6500 rpm. As long as my speed is >5km/hr it will engage. It makes 15-17psi of boost so hopefully it will help get me out of the hole a bit quicker as long as I dont break anything.

Basically shes all ready for the track next saturday and the quest for the 10 second pass continues. Im still waiting on my lugs and extended studs and after those go in there isnt much left I have planned for the car other than just simply enjoying her.

Cheers,

Jon

Comment

u will definitely get out of the box quicker wit the launch control , big lagy turbo needs that , i remember wit my bulleyes turbo i couldent get out of the box for **** , since i dident have the launch control yet , u will see a big difference for sure ,

good luck on the 10 sec pass , u gonna do it for sure !!
              have fun
              night

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
              2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

Hi Jon,

Car's looking good indeed. Glad it's come this far and that you hadn't given up like some of us. I too have a vipec but for whatever reason I am looking to get into a haltech maybe...

Anyway, I was going to ask about your power steering; does it ever overheat on you when you drive hard? Just curious as it appears to be darn close to your turbo. Have you thought about relocating it near your catch tank?
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

So... How bout a roll bar to pass nhra tech?
                  oh hai!

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                    Hi Jon,

Car's looking good indeed. Glad it's come this far and that you hadn't given up like some of us. I too have a vipec but for whatever reason I am looking to get into a haltech maybe...

Anyway, I was going to ask about your power steering; does it ever overheat on you when you drive hard? Just curious as it appears to be darn close to your turbo. Have you thought about relocating it near your catch tank?
                    First of all dont make the switch to the haltech. you will lose a pile of money for no reason. Bill at ISS loves the vipec and says it is one of the best if not the best ecu he tunes. although he does say the haltech has a better user interface. Second, ive never had any troubles with the p/s getting too hot even after long drives when constantly pushing the car. I could relocate it but really no need. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Black BNR32 View Post
                      So... How bout a roll bar to pass nhra tech?
                      I originally had a plan for a nhra approved roll bar but i decided against it as I am looking to step away from drag racing. I just want to hit a 10 second pass once and then I wont continue to drag race and explore other aspects of racing. id like to get into some road racing and auto x next year. Also the roll bar even with removable door bars would just be too much of a pain in the ass and hinder me from enjoying the car on a daily basis.

Comment

dont feel like typing much so here you go. click to play

Comment

Working...
                        X