First GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First GTR

Picked up my first ever 91 GTR R32 as a little self present for my 24th birthday last weekend. I have always been into classic muscle cars, building and restoring them on my off time. I have always dreamed of owning a Skyline and like they say, good things come to those who wait!
    To the goods... Found it somewhat local out here in BC. Car is near all original and unmolested. Body and gaps straight as an arrow, with zero dents or damage. RB26 with low compression in 4 holes (around 40 psi). Got it for a mere $5000. Thanks to my buddy Brody for the truck and trailer!
    I have started to remove the engine and plan on a rebuild with only mild modifications. Ill keep updates and I bet I will have many questions to follow.

Last edited by JeffersonC; 02-13-2014, 02:55 AM.

Nice clean looking car to start with!

I want to see more of that Nova in the back ground!

haha

Comment

car looks great! what kind of wheels are those? im really digging the look lately
      1990 Mazda Manyata (Turbo Miata 6psi 175whp 172wtq)
      1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (13.5psi estimate of 320whp)

Comment

Great buy! Looks like it'll be a solid foundation for a project. If your used to restoring the like of Chevy Novas you'll find GTRs pretty expensive but very rewarding.
        I just bought the identical wheels for track use. I don't know what they are either. They are light though!
        Best of luck on your build! You'll find lots of good help on here as there's LOTS of experience.

Comment

^ They're buddyclubs P1
          1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

what are these seats? not GTRs...!?
            My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Gtst seats^
              “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

The only thing concerning me would be that the engine compartment is a mess. Looks like someone tried to fix whatever and left it in total dissaray. Its always nice to take stuff apart yourself and take pics and notes and whatnot.

More pics of the Nova....SS?

Jon.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                  The only thing concerning me would be that the engine compartment is a mess. Looks like someone tried to fix whatever and left it in total dissaray. Its always nice to take stuff apart yourself and take pics and notes and whatnot.

More pics of the Nova....SS?

Jon.
                  pretty sure he started yanking stuff off by himself as per his op
                  1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Was this the car in hope?
                    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
                      Was this the car in hope?
                      I think it was! I was driving through there taking the back roads to Kelowna a few years ago and I remember following a Burgandy one to a gas station.

Comment

Ya, Hope car.
                        GTS seats? Ouch! thats a little kick in the butt. As long as they match the rear seats its cool.
                        I started pulling it all apart. The car DID run when I got it, just blowing tons of oil.

Last edited by JeffersonC; 12-05-2016, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Nice...you lucky bastard...almost got that black Nova that was in "Final Destination" but picked up the first car I looked at which was a '70 SS Chevelle instead. With a mild build and good turbo(s) you will be way into the 11s with the GTR. The only thing will be she will do that on street tires both on the track AND the street. AWD rules on the street, you will spank cars that run a full second quicker at the track just because of that. Once you get a taste of a chassis as good as a GTR you will wonder why anyone would bother with anything else.

Get her done this year and come to the Langley Cruise-in this Sept.

Jon.
                          Last edited by Dragon Humper; 02-14-2014, 03:27 AM.
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Awesome to see another GTR in Whiterock!!
                            Originally posted by nick-nismo
                            this guy is killin it!!!

Comment

Engine, tranny & front diff assy is almost ready to pull.
                              Question, how do I remove the front axles? Pull the knuckle apart or just unbolt the two halves?

Comment

Working...
                              X