First GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind! Found all my answers.

How To remove the RB26 Nissan Skyline GTR Engine out from the car, turbo swap and transmission.

Comment

Cant get the drivers axle out. I have it removed from the knuckle but not the diff. I even pulled the diff cover to try and release the C clip. No idea what to do here.
      Help?

Comment

I had a tough time with that too. If you have the clip out just give it a good tug or smack and it'll come out.
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

I used a long screwdriver, stick inside the front diff, the axle pokes through a little bit, pop it out, my axle was broken off so I had to go from the other side

Comment

Got it! thanks.

Comment

Lickety split , had it out in an hour today solo! Rain held up for the whole day which was even better.

Comment

Let the fun and credit card bills begin!!!

Comment

Awesome, congrats on the purchase. I look forward to the rebuild.

Comment

Props on the buddy club p1's. My car came with them and I think they look ballin on the r32.

Comment

Finally got that engine torn down. Cleaned up the tranny and engine bay. Bottom end and heads are getting dropped off at my friends machine shop in a few days.

Comment

Did a bit of work on the exhaust ports today

Comment

did a little knife edging on the intake dividers

Comment

And if you didn't already know (I suspect you do) you should leave a rough finish on the intake to promote fuel atomization and to keep fuel from being painted onto the walls and sticking there. The rough finish allows the fuel to be pulled off the wall and put back into the air stream. Exhausts should be polished though to keep carbon from sticking to the walls.

Good for you, most people wouldn't have the balls to start carving up aluminum.....

Jon.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Stock pistons were toast. I picked up a JE forged kit complete with rings for 500. Score!

Comment

Been taking advantage of the nice weather this week and got the car almost all polished up. 4 step polish and final wax. Paint is looking REAL good now.

Comment

Working...
                                X