Not quite a GTR.....or is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supersayianjim View Post
    wow. didn't know these came with rb26's or even manual for that matter. I have 2 staega blocks and never had a 26.

AFAIK the 4wd rb25det block is the same as a 26 block, so when fitted with a 26 crank and pistons it will make a 26. All rwd Stagea are auto, 4wd turbo had the option of manual or auto, the 260rs was only available as a manual.

Comment

Originally posted by spinnanz View Post
      Judging from the speedo and front badge that Stagea started its life as an auto rb25det.
      All Stagea 260RS 's started life with an RB25. They were pulled from the assembly line after the drive trains and VIN's were installed and then they were given to Autech as nearly complete vehicles. Therefore ALL 260RS stageas started life as an RB25 powered vehicle. and all 260RS's have RB25DET stamped on the blue VIN plate under the hood. With that being said, The r33 GT-R drivetrain that is in it was also pulled off the GT-R assembly line and dumped into this thing. It's basically a factory swap if you want to call it that.

Because it is a manual, there are no cup holders because the stagea was never designed to HAVE a manual from the beginning. there's a black cover where the cup holders are supposed to go because they will hit the shifter.

Also, The car is 100% authentic Autech 260RS. the "grille badge" is cheesy but look up the part number for the front badge on the stagea 260RS and sure enough, that is the correct badge. Same with the rear 260RS decal although the original owner removed the HUGE autech badge from the trunk.

there are so many differences between a 260RS and a regular stagea its completely pointless to try to fake it. from the aero kit, to the drive train, the upholstry and interior pieces, no sunroof, staggered BBS wheels and nearly everything has an autech stamp on it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Loomin View Post
        All Stagea 260RS 's started life with an RB25. They were pulled from the assembly line after the drive trains and VIN's were installed and then they were given to Autech as nearly complete vehicles. Therefore ALL 260RS stageas started life as an RB25 powered vehicle. and all 260RS's have RB25DET stamped on the blue VIN plate under the hood. With that being said, The r33 GT-R drivetrain that is in it was also pulled off the GT-R assembly line and dumped into this thing. It's basically a factory swap if you want to call it that.

Because it is a manual, there are no cup holders because the stagea was never designed to HAVE a manual from the beginning. there's a black cover where the cup holders are supposed to go because they will hit the shifter.

Also, The car is 100% authentic Autech 260RS. the "grille badge" is cheesy but look up the part number for the front badge on the stagea 260RS and sure enough, that is the correct badge. Same with the rear 260RS decal although the original owner removed the HUGE autech badge from the trunk.

there are so many differences between a 260RS and a regular stagea its completely pointless to try to fake it. from the aero kit, to the drive train, the upholstry and interior pieces, no sunroof, staggered BBS wheels and nearly everything has an autech stamp on it somewhere.
        I stand corrected, learn something new everyday! Pity about the cup holders, I'll have to seriously think about if I want a manual conversion now or not!

Comment

Originally posted by spinnanz View Post
          I stand corrected, learn something new everyday! Pity about the cup holders, I'll have to seriously think about if I want a manual conversion now or not!
          not having cup holders is a pain in the ass. i couldnt beleive it when i got the car. WHAT?! NO CUP HOLDERS?!

i bought a spill proof coffee cup and i just put it on the seat now lol.

Comment

Loving the Staega! How much did you purchase it for, if you don't mind me asking? I remember when Full Race had their S14/GTR running gear swap kit that costed like 40 grand or something ridiculous. Hell of a package you got there from Autech!

Comment

a bit pf progress since my last update:

New wheels - ADVAN RS-D 19x10 +15
              equal length front pipe - sounds amazing!
              Defi Gauges
              repainted the hood!
              new coilovers coming.

Comment

Working...
              X