X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevin S.

Current: 1992 Skyline GT-R (on the way!)
    EX - 1995 BMW E36 M3
    EX - 1993 Silvia S14 w/S15 Front
    EX - 1990 Skyline GTS-T Type M

Comment

Nice man, its looking good so far.
      Last edited by Ho-Sik; 10-06-2014, 10:16 PM.
      91'- GTR - SOLD
      94'- GTR

Comment

So it's been awhile since I posted an update, and I had wanted to do an end of season update but I never did get around to it.... so this will be more of an end of year update haha.

I snapped some pics of the car in August and never really got around to posting them, so here they are:

I'm happy with the mods I got done this year, as I probably won't get much done in 2015 ( having to pay for the fiance's ring and all). But I did end up buying myself a nice late Christmas present for the upcoming season:

Advan RG-D in 18x10.5 +15

They are in pretty decent shape, but they do show their age on close inspection. I'm not too worried about it though, I will probably get them refinished once I dial in the suspension and find a tire size I like ect. Other than these, I'll probably only my brakes this season ( needs to get done haha) and a few other minor maintenance items. But I'm still looking forward to driving the car again in the spring!
        Kevin S.

EX - 1995 BMW E36 M3

Comment

Well, time for another update now that the weather is starting to get warmer, and my parts are starting to come in.

To start off, my tires came in, and are currently awaiting my valve stems so that I can get them mounted/balanced and installed.
          Decided to go with Hankook Ventus V12 evo2's, in 275/35/18. I didn't want to spend much more than $1000 on tires at the junction, mostly because these are going to be a trial run for the wheel size/fitment to see if I like it, and if I need to make any adjustments.

Also decided to give my wheels a bath...

When I had ordered my tires, I also placed an order for a few things via Right Drive that would allow me to get some of my planned maintenance done, and a special early birthday present for myself.
          What I ordered:
          -EBC Ultimax slotted brake rotors
          -EBC Yellowstuff brake pads
          -Nismo stainless brake lines
          -OEM/Nissan lock cylinder and key kit ( all new lock cylinders all around, and new keys)
          -Full set of front and rear CV boots ( I noticed at the end of last year that I had a tear in my front diff side boots, so they needed replacing. Rears were a precautionary order, in case I need them)

and last but not least.... my birthday present(s) to myself:
          -Tomei Expreme titanium exhaust
          -Cat-delete pipe
          -Apexi Power Intake kit
          Kevin S.

EX - 1995 BMW E36 M3

Comment

While I was waiting for all of this to arrive, I decided it was time to take the car out of storage ( mostly cause I was getting antsy to drive it a little bit).

I moved her from my friends garage over to my parents house, so I could start some of the maintenance and work I wanted to get done.
            What amazed me the most when I pulled it out of storage was the fact that the japanese battery was still charged and started first try without a boost.
            It sat all winter in the same garage on a shelf... I was impressed haha.

Then, over the last couple of days, I got started on a few small projects I wanted to get done before the car goes in to have the CV boots changed.
            I started with installing the Apexi power intake kit, and then decided to also finish up my hicas delete project, and the removal of the charcoal canister.

Intakes installed

Here you can see what it looks like with the charcoal canister

Rear power steering pump vanes for the hicas removed, and the hicas feed line blocked.

Close up of my sweet "custom" line blocker

Hicas solenoid removed. For those that have changed the oil filter on an RB, you understand how amazing it is to have the extra space. I foresee less knuckle bleeding on future oil changes.

All the crap I removed.

How the intake area looks, now that its all cleaned up. The lines on the intercooler piping are currently just plugged, but in the future I would like to totally remove them (back to the AAC valve).

And finally, I couldn't resist taking it for a "test" drive (read non-stop ricer fly-by's to hear the intakes).Left me grinning like a kid on Christmas.

Things that I have left on my "to-do" list for the spring/before the season opener:
            -Install new rotors, pads and lines. Full brake flush with super blue, or similar.
            -Change diff fluid, transmission fluid, and attessa fluid
            -install exhaust/cat delete
            -start/finish my center console mod. ( making something to fit in the open place behind the shifter to mount my turbo timer, attessa controller, and eventual boost controller)
            -clean up engine bay
            Kevin S.

EX - 1995 BMW E36 M3

Comment

Working...
            X