My 1991 TH1 GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1991 TH1 GT-R

Hey all, just figured I would make my contribution to the projects section.

I bought this car back in September of 2013. Drove from Calgary to Grande Prairie with my truck to trailer it home. Bought it off a guy who had just moved out here from Quebec. It had about 135,000KM on it at the time with the engine only having somewhere in the 5,000-10,000KM range on it. The engine runs incredibly smooth and makes great power for only being at 10-11psi of boost. I kinda expected the car to have lots of little issues that I would discover after driving it for a few days, but it has exceeded my expectations so far.

Anyway, a little about what was done to the car (that I know of) when I bought it...
    R34 N1 motor with R34 N1 turbos
    Full stainless exhaust
    HKS intakes and intercooler hard pipes
    Tein adjustable coilovers
    Nismo Strut Brace
    Battery (poorly) relocated to the trunk
    Electric fan (poorly wired in, doesn't work)
    Mishimoto radiator
    Some kind of aftermarket intercooler...not sure what
    Nismo water pump and oil pump

As for things to come, here is my current list of what I'll be putting on the car this summer, most of which will be in the next month or so...
    Fix poorly installed battery relocation and rad fan
    700cc injectors
    Nistune
    Aftermarket fuel pump
    twin n62 MAF's
    R34 GTR brakes
    Adjustable cam gears
    Electronic boost controller
    17x10 Enkei RPF1's all around

I'll keep updating with pics as I go along here...Unfortunately I'm about to leave for work for a week, but should be installing a bunch of this stuff when I'm home.

Looking forward to getting the car out this summer and hopefully cruising with the other GT-R owners in Calgary.

Looking good
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

That sounds like an excellent find! All of the expensive problems are already looked after.
      Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the purchase. It looks like a great starting point!

Comment

Damn so this is the one, friend of mine took pics of your gtr at the beyond meet last week I believe. Love the color man, so rare. Can't wait to see it in person at the beyond meets this summer.
          Last edited by Ho-Sik; 04-23-2014, 07:05 PM.
          91'- GTR - SOLD
          94'- GTR

Comment

Looks awesome. Great score on the updated engine and goodies! BTW, love the colour too
            Pistol packin Monkey drinkin no money bum

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. Really looking forward to bringing this thing out to skymeet west this year, and hopefully meeting more fellow skyline owners in the Calgary area. Would be awesome if we could organize a meet and cruise here this year.

Comment

Another TH1! Shane will be stoked

PS Nice car!!
                Originally posted by nick-nismo
                this guy is killin it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coombsy View Post
                  Thanks for the comments guys. Really looking forward to bringing this thing out to skymeet west this year, and hopefully meeting more fellow skyline owners in the Calgary area. Would be awesome if we could organize a meet and cruise here this year.
                  That's what some of us planned, all edmonton/calgary guys meet up head to skymeet together. Yeah it be great if we could get a local meet going besides beyond.
                  91'- GTR - SOLD
                  94'- GTR

Comment

Beautiful colour!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ho-Sik View Post
                      That's what some of us planned, all edmonton/calgary guys meet up head to skymeet together. Yeah it be great if we could get a local meet going besides beyond.
                      Yeah, that would be awesome. I think we should all try to get together some time before that too though...maybe mid next month or something. Roads should be pretty well clear of gravel by then. Could do a meet and a cruise somewhere maybe.

Comment

Yeah forsure man, I know a couple skyline guys who would be more then down.
                        91'- GTR - SOLD
                        94'- GTR

Comment

gorgeous colour !!!
                          1992 Dark Blue Pearl Skyline GTR - 457 rwhp, 404 tq @ 19 psi , chevron 94.
                          1991 Gunmetal GTS4 - SOLD

Originally posted by dah_hunter
                          i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

Picked up some brembo calipers from tryingtobebest....I knew it was going to be a slow shift at work so I brought them with me so I could disassemble them and paint them. Here's a couple pics for now. Will have more in-depth info on this later and pics when finished....

Comment

Picked up my new wheels last week and dropped them and the calipers off for powder coating on monday. They should be all finished up by Friday, but I'm up north working until late next week so I'll be picking them up and showing you guys some pics hopefully by next weekend.

Should be making lots of progress on the car in the next few weeks and I'll be hitting the Dyno June 1 for a Dyno day so stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                              X