No announcement yet.

My 1991 TH1 GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the wheels and brake calipers back from powder coating. I really like the way they turned out and am very happy with the fitment on the wheels as well. Need a to roll the front fenders a bit however as they are rolling.

Should have pics of the calipers installed in the next day or two.

Here are some pics of the wheels:

Comment

hello fellow skyline, new to area, looking to meet with other skylines, what is this skymeet? i too am from calgary, is there a time/place that we can all meet up?

Comment

You bought that car from a quebec boy did you? I was that close of buying it !! :P Nice car ! Reputed guy built it in Quebec.

Comment

Yes, I sure did. Do you know much about the car? Would love to know more about it.

Comment

Been a while since I updated...Have actually made a ton of changes to the car including a new engine with forged internals, nitto oil pump, trust sump extension, ported head and tomei 270/10.5 cams running twin GT2871 turbos as well as an upgraded blitz front mount.

The new engine/turbo set up maxed out the stock injectors at only 10psi of boost. Just in the process of finishing up my new fuel system at the moment which includes a Walbro 400LPH pump, -6 lines, HKS 1000cc injectors and a greddy twin entry rail. Also installing a custom oil cooler set up, new gauges for the triple cluster, new shift and e-brake boots from redline goods and wiring a few more things in to the Haltech that's controlling this set up now.

Here's new new head I picked up. I got the long block used off a guy locally. I disassembled the head and lapped all the valves and cleaned all the junk off the valves and pretty much everything else. Turned out pretty good I thought.

New Blitz intercooler core. Considerably thicker than stock. Had to make some custom mounts because I removed the factory BOV piping which has the stock intercooler mounts integrated in to it.

One of the new turbos/manifolds. Picked these up of GTRC used.

Pic of the port work done to this head. The valve guide bosses have been removed, so it's a fairly aggressive port job.

Engine re-assembled with downpipe installed just for the pic. It's a dual 3" in to 4". Was custom made for the guy I bought the turbos off of, and as a welder myself, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of this piece. Fits absolutely perfectly under the car and to the turbos.

Random pic just after the new motor got all buttoned up.

Had this set up running in early August on the stock fuel system. Just working on finishing up the multiple small projects mentioned above over the next month or so and it should be ready to go for the spring. Also going to be retrofitting some projectors from theretrofitsource.com to this thing to improve the light output. Should have the fuel system done this week and have the car running again.

Will update with more pics again soon!
            Last edited by Coombsy; 12-23-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

oh my. those brakes and that intercooler!! sick build man!
              RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

Man TH1 looks soo good! Did I miss it or did you not post pics of the calipers after powdercoating??

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys

I guess I did forget to post up some pics of the calipers after the powder coating....I'll fix that right now.

My new FX-R projectors that I'll be retrofitting in to the stock headlights over the next couple weeks. Should have more pics of this project to come.

Greddy rail and Denso 1000cc injectors. Should have these installed on the car over the next few days. Gotta wire the new injector pigtails in for these.

Comment

Calipers look awesome! where'd you get em powdercoated? Is the brembo logo a sticker or did you use a stencil and have it painted on?

Comment

Just a sticker. Got the wheels and calipers powder coated in Calgary at a place called Maxim Manufacturing.

Comment

Well, another update...

Almost have the projector retrofit done. Was a fair bit of work but I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out so far. Also picked up this cluster as part of my efforts to make the interior a bit nicer looking.

Should have these wired in this weekend, plus I should be able to get a couple other items finished up on the car as well. Should have some more pics soon.

Comment

Hey bud, where can you by a concentric reducer like the one on your down pipe? What size is it? I need to find an 80mm to 90mm SS reducer.
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

It's not actually a reducer on that thing, it just looks like it from the side. It's just a piece of 4" stainless pipe that has been ovalled on the one end so the two 3" pipes can merge in to it.

Here's a shot from the top side that I took to compare it to my old down pipe that should show you what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Coombsy; 01-10-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

oh.... Nice pipework though!!!

Would you know where to find a reducer though, being that you weld pipe? haha
                              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                              lol

Comment

You did a great job on the headlights. What was involved to retrofit the housings?

Comment

Working...
                                X