Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Hey he's Alive!!

Welcome back Martin!

Matt - Looking forward to your future plans! Welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by flipridah17; 10-31-2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Martins back, I see Qualthar popped by, seeing this Skyline get much needed love is awesome. Subscribed .

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Well minor hang up on the new hood, went to fit it yesterday and found that the BeeR 324 hood uses the stock R32 hood hinges. My new hood is an R34 hood and needs R34 hinges. So I'm searching for those now. On the plus side the hood is freaking amazingly beautiful! I can't wait to see it actually on the car!

Matt

Comment

Still on the hunt for R34 hood hinges but on a more mechanical note...

Thanks to a fellow member on here my turbo decision was made and I have a Tomei Arms 7655 Turbo Kit enroute now! I was looking at these turbos originally but decided to go with the Garretts to keep costs more reasonable but thanks to a great bargain I get to go with my first choice the Tomei turbos for less than what the Garretts would have cost me! Yep I'm stoked!

Comment

Well I'm at a military school for the next two weeks so I won't be able to play with my car for a little while but I'm still able to order parts! Lol. My new TOMEI turbos are on the way and I also picked up a TOMEI front strut bar. I'm looking at a bunch of TOMEI exhaust parts too and think I may be going with a TOMEI themed build for my car now. I have a couple different parts companies looking for R34 GTR hood hinges for me so hopefully i will have those en route to me as well soon so I can get my new hood mounted as well too.

Front strut bar:

Turbos:

More updates to follow,
            Matt

Comment

The newest addition to the growing parts pile. I got what I consider a really good deal on this little baby, no more 180Km speedo cluster!!!

I have a few other Tomei bits ordered as well. Now I am desperately looking for a Tomei boost gauge which seem to be very very rare. Any assistance in locating one would be greatly appreciated. Then its time for full Tomei Exhaust!
              Matt

Comment

So I have been insanely busy with work and getting ready for the holidays and have neglected posting for the last few weeks. So I have a quick little update for tonight and will try to do a little longer one in the next couple of days. I think I have the body just about where I want it, I know it is not exactly traditional but nor am I. LOL The pictures are not the best because they were taken in the garage because it was a little chilly tonight when I wrapped up for the evening.

What looks like weird lines on the back of the trunk lid is actually the reflections of my Christmas lights, LOL I had to open the garage to get a shot of how epic the rear spoiler is!

Well that's it for the night, let me know what you think.

Matt

Comment

Just wanted to pop in with a few quick new pics. The weather finally got decent so I have actually been able to take her out and stretch her legs a bit. I also managed to get the majority of my parts stockpile installed. I am still waiting to swap the turbos until I have all of my new exhaust components in.

Next up is exhaust components and ECU :-)

Matt

Comment

Just a quick minor update I managed to get my new App Radio installed, I ended up relocating the climate control to where the cigarett lighter and ashtray were. Luckily I had an extra plastic surround that had already been hacked up so I didn't have to touch my pristine one.

I also picked up a Tomei air fuel gauge that I still need to get installed. It took me forever to find it and I can't wait to get it installed!

I also found a Tomei Steering wheel finally and should have it in the next week or so.

I just made a WTB thread as I am slowly but surely changing out my whole front clip from the BeeR 324 front in to actual R34 GTR front end parts. The parts I still need are the factory front bumper (no fiberglass please I am so over looking at the spider web cracks), headlight brackets and the brackets that go between the bumper and the fender.

Hopefully life will mellow out and I will have more time to play with the car and post more as well.

Matt
                    Last edited by matthewc72; 05-30-2015, 04:45 PM.

Comment

The Tomei theme is coming along. I finally found a deal for a steering wheel I couldn't pass up! So in my interior I have Tomei 310km main cluster, TM Sport steering wheel, shift knob, boost gauge and I have a AFM gauge as well just trying to figure out where to mount since its a 60mm and wont fit in the pod with my 55mm boost gauge.

Heres a pic or two:

Matt

Comment

It has been quite a while since I posted any updates, partly because I spent a lot of the last year just enjoying driving my GTR and partly because I was working on a restoration on a classic Class A RV and I picked up a project Jeep Wrangler for a winter driver that required more work than originally planned.

I also had a frustrating experience with a parts order that had all of the parts needed to install my new turbos and other mods. My parts which included custom fuel lines, Greddy fuel rail, Deatchwerks 800cc injectors, Deatchwerks 340 lph drop in fuel pump, Tomei FPR and gauge, AEM V2 Water/Meth kit with filter and gauge were all ordered back in June of 2015 and should have arrived by the middle to the end of July 2015. Well lets just say that did not happen, I finally received part of my order minus fuel pump, injectors and FPR and gauge in November of 2015. If everything goes as planned I will hopefully have those parts finally within the next week or so.

If everything actually works out I should be able to get in for install and tuning prior to the spring rush and be able to put down significantly more power than I am right now. I also need to pick up a new set of tires before the power upgrades as my current tires are all but done. I'm leaning towards going with Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2's in 265/35-18 which should work nicely on my R34 GTR wheels.

Well that is it for this quick little update, I am still alive and my car is still in my loving hands. Here is a proof of life picture:

I may not use her as an all weather driver but every once and a while we get caught in some "surprise" weather.

Hopefully I will have some better news to post in the near future once my parts all arrive and I can start getting everything installed.

Matt

Comment

I lol'd at the Jeep needing more work than expected. Im in the same boat with an XJ, finally fixed it up and getting rid of it! It just doesn't give the same satisfaction as fixing an R
                          “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

LOL as frustrating as my Jeep has been its also been a lot of fun. Its a 1992 Jeep Wrangler with a 4 inch lift, 33" tires, and a built TPI 350. She is loud, crass, and generally offensive. I love her in a completely different way than my GTR. The big difference is I would sell the Jeep in a heartbeat if I needed to which is something that will never happen with my GTR.

Comment

Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
                              I lol'd at the Jeep needing more work than expected. Im in the same boat with an XJ, finally fixed it up and getting rid of it! It just doesn't give the same satisfaction as fixing an R
                              Speaking of XJ's this was my 1973 XJ12 with a V8 that I traded for my Class A RV this summer, I had taken the XJ as a trade on another project a year ago, from one project to the next....LOL

Matt

Comment

Glad to see your still around! Looking to put together a skyline meet and the end of next month if your intersted??

Comment

Working...
                                X