Riworx RB26 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riworx RB26 Rebuild

So for the past year I've had my GTR sidelined while Riyad at Riworx has been rebuilding my engine. So much has been done and changed that I'm not going to list everything just a shortish list.

All the machining was done by Gord Bush Performance. Probably the best in the business. The engine was decked, ported, polished and bored out 1 mm. The bottom end is fully forged. Most parts are either Tomei or Nismo for the entire build. The turbos are Tomei Arms M7655 and type B poncams. Tomei metal head gasket. Nismo engine mounts.

Anyway, I'll post a more detailed list of the build when I find the time. The engine is almost ready just the final touches are being performed now. Looking forward breaking in the engine and just driving it this summer.

Don't know why I can't post attachments or I would post some pics of the build.

Since I can't seem to add photos and the mediator wont answer my question I changed my avatar to a photo of the almost completed engine. It's not much but it gives you a sampling.
    Last edited by EvnEvlr; 04-08-2015, 02:06 PM.

I like.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Who's doing your tuning

Comment

Originally posted by rob_96 View Post
        Who's doing your tuning
        Great question. I'm getting APH (Advanced Power House) to tune my car. After break in of course.
        Last edited by EvnEvlr; 03-27-2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Edited my avatar again as I can't upload photos.

Update: We were about to start engine for first time but noticed the water pump pulley was wobbling. Must have been damaged during the build. So ordered a new one plus the alternator and power steering pulley as well. Just got the parts yesterday and hope to have them installed soon. But first the rad needs to come out again!!! Oh well, better now then after the belt slipped off.

Thanks Adam from Feast. The pulleys got here fast and as described.

I'll update again once we get it all back together.

Comment

you should post up a video on youtube once its running. a walk around would be nice
            - Adam

:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Yes the video thing is a great idea. Never done it before but I'll see if I can swing it.

Comment

All back together. Runs great and the cam break in procedure performed. However, there's a squeak from the belt. So covers off and adjustment to be made. Brakes and rotors soon. I'll update again once we get more done.

Comment

Would like to see how the tomei arms turbos perform.

Comment

Update

Comment

Perfect timing.

So I picked up the car today after work. Looks amazing!! Inside and out. It also sounds amazing. I'm using Tomei Type B Pon Cams. Even at idle it sounds vicious. The guys at Riworx did an outstanding job.

I must admit the new OS Giken twin plate clutch takes a bit of getting used to. I'm used to driving a 2007 FJ Cruiser with a clutch that grabs about halfway up the arc. But man this thing grabs immediately!! I stalled the car at least 10 times today. And I'm not one to stall cars ever. I've been driving manuals my whole life. Over 25 years now. Dating my self a bit. Anyway, I think it's partially that the clutch is also being broken in, as is the engine. I've gotten the hang of it now and didn't stall it once on the last drive I took it for tonight. I need to put 1000Km on the engine before it can go for its proper tune.

Looking forward to getting it broken in and retuned.

Anyone else thinking of going to the car show in London on the 6-7th weekend? Maybe we can drive out together? Let me know.
                      Last edited by EvnEvlr; 05-22-2015, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X