Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB30/LS2 coils flooding

Hello everyone,
    I'm in the final stages of my RB30/26 hybrid build, and I'm running into an issue with severe over fueling. I currently have stock injectors, fuel rail and Nismo adjustable FPR for fuel, power fc and commander for ECU, and an LS2 coil pack set up.

The engine is brand new and we're trying to get it to run for basic break in. It starts and idles well for about 15 minutes, and then seems to run super rich and stalls. Pulling the plugs they're wet, so it's flooded.

My mechanic thinks it's a lack of spark, but the LS2 are suppose to be much better than my R32 coil packs. It's consistent on all cyclinders so it's not just a single bad coil, so could it be the harness? Maybe something was missed during the coil install? The harness is from wiring specialties.

Has anyone run into issues like this? Any ideas or suggestions? I obviously need to get it tuned, but my mechanic is adamant it's spark.

Thanks
    My Garage:
    1990 Nissan Skyline GTR Nismo Edition - Action Hotdog Go!
    2008 Audi RS4 - Hand Banana
    1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT- Dirty Winter Car
    1988 Toyota Supra Base - Trojan Judas Hairnet Battle Tree.

Start with 3.5ms dwell under little load and progress to 4.5ms dwell under more load and higher boost. You have obviously removed the stock ignitor? And stock injectors suck, buck up for some good ID1000s.

Comment

It sounds to me as a sticky IACV (idle control valve) after warming up and being open its starts acting up! Also, there is two of them!
      Experiment with temp blocking air to the one closer to the head
      TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

Working...
      X