• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my those are hot!
    SOLD:1990 Skyline GTR Nismo #283

Comment

I do not see the fuss.

+12 with a 9.5 is not extreme at all. It is all about tire selection since no tire is the same "width"

Comment

Yes I agree, but I can't afford new tires too! I'd rather go with +22 and keep my tires now.
        RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
        http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
        1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

I just installed my rims and tires. The rims are 18x9.5+12 and the tires are RE01R 265/35R18. The car is slightly lowered with TBO sideskirts (could be custom, not real TBO) camber seems minimal. Anyways I have fitment issues. The rear has enough clearance to fit my fingers between the tire and the unrolled fenders but with Tein HAs, a bump with mess that up so they're getting rolled soon. As for the front, I have the same clearance to the fender where the screws are and the wheel well liner runs like MAD in the front and back. the big issue is that the back end on the tires get caught in the sideskirt if I turn more than 15 degrees. So then, do I lift the car like it's an el camino or keep the fender gap/retard stiff suspension and modify the sideskirts (chop apart) till everything fits? I'll post some pictures tonight.
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

what kind of side skirts do you have?
            Or do you mean the black plastic oem front mud flap?

Comment

The sideskirts are TBO though the selling said they were molded to the body which tells me knock off or custom that look like TBO sideskirts.

Here are some pictures. All the pictures are of the front wheel.

This picture is the front section of the well which is part of the front bumper. Not much issue here, just the liner in the well rubbing.

Close but alright.

The back section of the well where the sideskirts end is where it's catching. You can see where the tire starts rubbing.

And on the return from the turning, the wheel gets caught behind the side skirt (spat). most likely, I'll have to do something about the liner to stop it from rubbing in turns and surely need to do something with the side skirt spats in the front...
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

just take a dremel with a cutting disk and a straight edge to make it look pretty.

Check to make sure the rolling diameter clears the inner body seam near the side skirt too or you will have no tires in a short drive.

Comment

that sizing should be a breeze considering Im running 18x9.5 +12 on my HNR32 haha
                  I had to rape my fenders tho HAHA
                  GTS4-R

Comment

The RE01Rs are pretty meaty though. The liners are totally getting pushed around, the fenders in the rear will get roller but the fronts... I dunno. As for the sideskirts, I'll have to cut them and lose the front spats??
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Ben is running TE37's in the exact same sizes. No fitment problems what so ever with a 255/40R18 all around

Nismo what sizes tires do you have?
                      2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                      1969 Cooper S. Restored
                      1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

he must have oem ride height if the fenders or liners aren't rubbing. I believe my sideskirts are not genuine TBO otherwise they wouldn't be an issue...
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                        X