nismo clutch slave, what does it do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nismo clutch slave, what does it do.

I bought a Nismo clutch slave i have not installed yet. what does it exactly do. most will say it reduces the effort to push in the clutch but in actuality i belive it slows down the speed that the clutch release moves so you have more controll during clutch release. please clarify if anyone knows
    Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

it is a lot stronger, so if u r running a twin plate or triple plate, it will not bend like the stock one.

Comment

Originally posted by 2_eclipsed View Post
      it is a lot stronger, so if u r running a twin plate or triple plate, it will not bend like the stock one.
      really?
      i'm unaware of anyone bending a stock slave.

Comment

Best person to ask is someone from nissan or nismo. Daryl would know the right guys on that
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
          really?
          rofl...

Comment

so no one knows?
            Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

Comment

The nismo slave cylinder is bigger than the stock slave cylinder thus it makes it easier to depress the clutch pedal when you got a multiplate clutch. I got a stock cylinder with twin plate clutch and those who have played with my pedal feel could atest how stiff it is.

Comment

how does puting the same volume on fluid into a larger cavity result in easyer pedal effort?

Comment

Originally posted by R32GT-R View Post
                  how does puting the same volume on fluid into a larger cavity result in easyer pedal effort?

the pressure levels are probably different in the slave body when the pedal is depressed.
                  whats going to power my skyline come spring?

Comment

the more surface area hydraulic fluid has to push on the easier it is to push it. so a larger diamerter means larger piston means less effort required to push the release fork.

theoretically
                    Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Originally posted by Turismo View Post
                      the more surface area hydraulic fluid has to push on the easier it is to push it. so a larger diamerter means larger piston means less effort required to push the release fork.

theoretically
                      Your bang on.

Milk shake through 2 sizes of straws theory.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                        really?

maybe you havnt seen enough... i have 3 that have rods that look like happy faces.

2 of them with cracked ears ( but thats most likely due to improper install)

nismo actually lasts a lil longer than the rest...

Comment

Originally posted by malibusst View Post
                          maybe you havnt seen enough...
                          :shock:
                          Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Originally posted by Turismo
                            :shock:
                            im not being rude, in no waydo i imply that mcfly doesnt know what hes talking about, im just saying that ive seen a lot. and i mean a lot......

Comment

never ever heard of a stock r32/r33/r34 slave cylinder "bending"...

too look at one (have one here) the rod doesnt look long enough to bend. you would have to have an absolutely locked up fried clutch to have to push so hard and bend the rod.

'08 HD FXSTB: Denim Black, V&H Big Rads, V&H Fuel Pak, K&N, HD Inverted Front End, C&C Seat

'78 HD 93" Shovelhead rigid, 4spd, 3" open primary, 250 rear tire, 40 rake. (in progress)

'90 GTR 2 tone 350z blue/black, Volk TE37s, Greddy intercooler and suction kit, Blitz BOV, Splitfire coils, Greddy gauges, HKS oil filter relo / oil cooler, Rear LSD, HKS hypermax II suspension, soon to have new turbos.

Comment

Working...
                              X