Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attesa Code 21

Hey Guys

I've got a small problem with my Attesa. The code is 21 which indicates it's either the Throttle Sensor or the Circuit. I checked the manual and it is on page CH74. Problem is that I'm having trouble reading the page, the numbers of the control unit terminals that I need to check are blurry.

The first check to see if the control unit is faulty is to use a volt meter and check terminal 47(+) and 48(-) I believe.

If I determine that the Control unit is not faulty I need to check the voltage between terminal numbers 50 and I think 30. Not sure which is supposed to be + and which is -. Also, I'm not entirely sure it says 30... could be 38 or 39.

Anyone have a better copy of the manual than the one on McFly's page? Or knows for sure which terminals I have to check.

Thanks.

I can't read that either. try all three and see if one gives you the proper voltage. doesn't matter which probe you put on the pins, it will just get you a negative or positive voltage, but the voltage you need none the less, just pretend it is positive if you get a negative.

The multimeter doesn't care which you put into it.

this is on ecu harness
    Next to measure the TPS signal throw your positive probe on pin 38 of the harness. The negative probe to any ground.
    repeat on pin 56 as this is the tps output to the other systems.

You should get around .5 volts throttle close and 4.0 +~ full open.
    If pin 56 gives a different voltage you need a new ecu, if its the same the ecu is fine and tps will be fine too assuming above voltages

Comment

Thanks for the great info.

One other question. As I have not pulled the harness off the ETS control unit. Am I measuring the voltage in the harness or on the control unit?

Final question, where is the ECCS control unit. Can't seem to find a picture of it in the manual.

This has been driving me crazy for a while. I know it's a loose connection as the Attesa works fine when I start up the car, but after a while at odd times, the 4WD light will come on. It will reset once I turn the ignition off and then back on again. It happens less when the weather is warmer so I assume that there is a loose connection because I assume when it's warm the wiring is likely expanded a little and maintains the connection, but if it's colder, the metal is not as expanded and therefore loses the connection.

Comment

50 and 30
        understeer -is when you go off the road and see the tree that kills you
        oversteer-is when you go off the road backwards and dont see the tree that kills you

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue. I checked the TPS and it had .492 V and I adjusted it to .52 V, I have to check the Attessa and see the voltage. I usually get it when the car is sitting idle for a while, usually in traffic when I'm not touching the throttle. My battery is weak also so I'm gonna change that to rule out the battery. I'm guessing my battery is weak so in traffic the voltage drops on both the battery and the TPS since I'm not increasing the revs. I have to get this ironed out its driving me mad!!! I'll keep you posted, let me know if you have any progress.

How are you going the test the terminals on the Attessa? Probe the wires or disconnect the harness and start the car? I'm guessing probing is the best way just don't know the best way to probe.

Comment

poke through the wire with the multimeter probes

Comment

Oddly, the 4WD light comes on at odd times but usually when I either brake hard or I am reversing.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll have to check things on the weekend.

Comment

Anyone every figure out their issues? I have the same random occuring issue. I'm guessing a pinched wire in the main harness near the injector terminal box or faulty TPS....
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

I had exactly the same issue (check my post its a few posts up). Anyways mine is completely fixed I made my TPS voltage read 0.5V exactly, I replaced my battery and I replaced my ground. I would check voltage at the ECU and then voltage at the 4wd computer. See if you are registering voltage anywhere. The TPS you can make sure if it works just by probing it and playing with the throttle if the voltage moves then its all good. Check the ECU wiring diagram theres a TPS voltage input if your TPS isn't registering just run your wires from the TPS to the computer. Theres also wires for the TPS from the ECU to the 4wd check to see and run a wire if you need. My understanding is the 4wd computer relies on your TPS and your G-meters. So if TPS is good maybe one of your G-meters is gone.

Comment

We spent the better part of 2 days solving an issue like this... turns out the ground strap on the exhaust is vital for this function. we noticed the ground strap was broken... Once we re grounded it it worked fine... we also added extra grounds to the rest of teh car...

Comment

Well the ground strap to the exhaust doesn't explain much, other than it's got good continuity from your engine to your trunk... if your car was made of doe. Electrically, it would be easier to ground the chassis of the attesa case but I'm just a wallmart security guy... Anyways my problem is intermittent (70% ok, 30% 4wd cuts out mid corner at WOT and sideweeeeee) and has only been happening since we had the turbines and intake plenum out. I'll check the readings again. Least I have another running GTR to interchange parts with
                      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                      lol

Comment

I had this /EXACT/ issue.

I just adjusted my TPS slightly (didn't even measure voltages, just moved it) and the issue went away.
                        1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                        2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                        2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

This can also happen when the throttle linkages are not adjusted correctly/code 21

Comment

Sorry to bump such an old thread but my 4WD problem is back. TPS error again (21 blinks)
                            It went away last time but now I'm experiencing it again.

Could grounds (no matter where) affect this?

Comment

Working...
                            X