Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leaking clutch fluid, how to take part off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking clutch fluid, how to take part off?

Ok last night I was driving home and all of a sudden my clutch pedal starts getting softer and softer until there was nothing! I had pulled over by this time because it wasn't going into gear. Well the slave was somehow empty...so add fluid and it works for about a block and dead again...long story short it was leaking somewhere so towed it home and checked today and found the leak!
    *SEE PICTURE* When the clutch pedal it pushed it shoots fluid out from between the rubber boot and the rusty look part(CLUTCH OPERATING CYLINDER).Now I'm not sure how to get the part off....i see 2 bolts and a fluid line but how does that plate come out from the side of the tranny? Thanks for any and all help/input
    They are few inovators, but many followers....

Now that I look at the picture....is the piece going into the tranny attatched to the CLUTCH OPERATING CYLINDER or is just resting on that pin? I'd rather not pulled everything apart to find out I'm wrong, can someone verify?

Comment

It's just resting on the fork.

Replace slave cylinder, bleed. Done.

Comment

doesnt the skyline have a clutch damper? so need to bleed damper and slave? im not sure or im just used to 240s still lol
        Toy: BNR32
        DD: R50

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
          It's just resting on the fork.

Replace slave cylinder, bleed. Done.
          Sweet, didn't know that was the slave...lol....gonna order one up and be done in 10 mins

Comment

does anyone know if the slave cylinder for a rb20 is compatible with anything??? i can order one but i really dont want to wait!
            I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by danwit View Post
              does anyone know if the slave cylinder for a rb20 is compatible with anything??? i can order one but i really dont want to wait!

Comment

Working...
              X