Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump/cell package.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok one more favour from you gurus. Can someone explain the best way to set up the RIPS kit? What regulates the pressure from my oem tank to the rips surge tank? It should be low pressure right? Then from my surge tank to a filter to a regulator to the fuel rail and from the rail back to the surge tank? I'm still confused about the return from the rail back to the surge tank? If I feed the incoming fuel to both ends of my fuel rail, how does it get back to the surge tank.

This is probably obvious and a stupid question but that's what this thread is about lol
    Chance Hall

Comment

If you could get it back to the surge tank without using the gas you would have the best MPG ever. LOL There will be no return gas due to motor using it to run. Love the thread and wil be very helpful with my fuel set up.

Comment

Talked to Rob at R.I.P.S. last night. I'm definitly going with the universal 900hp kit he makes. He's more than willing to help with any questions you guys may have! Props for a great looking product and even better customer service!! And he has no problem shipping to Canada
        Chance Hall

Comment

Props to RWDragoon at VexPerformance too! You know your stuff for sure!
          Chance Hall

Comment

lol thanks, if you have questions let me know
            -Ryan
            ryan@VEXperformance.com
            Toll Free: 1.855.VEX.PERF Local: 403.243.1111

Authorized Canadian Dealer / Distributor / Tuner for:
            Haltech Engine management Systems
            OS Giken
            TiAL Sport
            Garrett Turbochargers
            Tomei
            Motul
            Nismo
            Rally Armor
            COBB

Comment

One question I still have RWDragoon is how do I regulate the pressure from my oem tank to my surge tank? It's supposed to be low pressure right? Like 4 or 5psi?
              Chance Hall

Comment

Normally we dont have any type of regulator, just make sure the return hose from the surge tank, to your fuel tank is the highest point, and is large enough not to build up pressure. Basically you dont need any pressure in the surge tank, you just need to make sure it stays full!
                -Ryan
                ryan@VEXperformance.com
                Toll Free: 1.855.VEX.PERF Local: 403.243.1111

Authorized Canadian Dealer / Distributor / Tuner for:
                Haltech Engine management Systems
                OS Giken
                TiAL Sport
                Garrett Turbochargers
                Tomei
                Motul
                Nismo
                Rally Armor
                COBB

Comment

Thank you!
                  Chance Hall

Comment

I am late to this thread but I can add my $0.02

I have a summit racing fuel cell in my trunk and was running an A1000 fuel pump. Dont run that fuel pump! It was literally louder than my engine since I don't have any insulation between my trunk and the passenger compartment.

I just recently installed 2 walbro 255s and it's heaven compared to that huge loud A1000. I have the pumps mounted below the fuel cell being fed by twin -8 lines from the cell it's self. The outlet of the pumps combine and I have a -6 line going to my fuel rail. Return line comes back to my fuel cell. It's a nice simple setup. A surge tank may be in my future as well but for now I'm happy with my setup.

You can see some pics in my build thread, don't have any of my twin 255s but if you want some I can snap a pic.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

Working...
                    X