Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to convert from masf to map r32 gtr. Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert from masf to map r32 gtr. Help?

Hey so sorry if i get some of this wrong i am kinda a newb i am used to hondas. I have a r32 gtr that i am looking to build. I want to get rid of my masf sensors. They are a pain and complicated. I would also like to do some ems of some kind as i am looking for abt 500-600 whp. So if someone could help explain to me what is required and what i would need and approx price to get rid of my masf sensors. Thanks for any help.
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

i would like to know as well n all the parts needed to run map
    Toy: BNR32
    DD: R50

Comment

Bang for buck with aftermarket ECU, Link G4 ECU -

Also need optional IAT (Inlet Air Temp) sensor and boost control solenoid.

Link ECU has has onboard barometeric compensation for changes in altitude, so don't need extra loom, sensor.

Can run DisplayLink for gauges -

Best ECU is Motec ECU, but pay for it.
      Last edited by Skym; 10-17-2010, 09:49 PM.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I have AEM standalone with 5map bar sensor. No mafs needed with EMS controlling all Air Flow from reading of sensor.

Comment

You need to pick up an ems first. Most ems's have many options as to wich map sensors you can use. Once you go through the list of sensors the ems is compatible with you will want to choose one with a boost reading limit of 3 bar. That will be more than enough for your 600 whp.
          To run the map T into a vac line that will give you manifold pressure. Run the three wires from the map to the correct pin outs on the ecu or corresponding wires in the loom /harness/ jumper etc. In your new ecu it will give you a map/maf option. Switch off maf and turn on map to bring the map sensor online.

Comment

Okay well what ems would you suggest? best bang for the buck. I dont wana cheap out on a ems but i also dont wana spend an arm and a leg.
            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

aem ems or pfc d jetro

Comment

Bang for buck aem is the way to go. Its very versatile and there is a ton of support for it.

Comment

ViPEC is another option to look at. Plug & Play, tune, drive. No need for support.
                  Dan
                  sigpic
                  The Beaumont Connection

Comment

EMS is fine but there's better out there. MAF is great till over 600hp. MAP is a bit more expensive to tune correctly from what I remember learning some time ago.
                    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                    lol

Comment

I don't know if i should start a separate thread but my qestion would be what do you think is the most usefull/user friendly ecu that would support MAP!?
                      TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

If you're considering cheap cost, power FC is probably the best bet. MAF (L-jetro) is fairly easy to find for $1000 or less with hand commander. Forget the MAP setup, stay maf.
                        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                        lol

Comment

I was chatting with a guy at Vipec and he claimed their system could be tuned for a MAP fairly easily. I would try and find some one who is using this system and find out what sort of tuning time was required for MAP.

My experience with tuning for a MAP was a huge pain, costly and never turned out right. That being said I was trying it on a Greddy EMU. That system was a colossal waste of money.

Eric Hsu whom helped developed the PFC told me tuning for MAP was very tricky and time consuming even for him on a system he developed.

I have heard mixed reviews about the AEM EMS. Some loved it, some said tuning for MAF's was difficult and scrapped it. Any AMS users want to chime in.

Haltec usually need to be tuned from scratch. No base map. A local tuner likes them and says they are easy to tune for MAP. His customers tell me it takes time to just to develop the tune to get the car running.
                          1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
                          www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

Vi-pec ECU and Link ECU = same ECU, but different name. As far as I know both are made by Link. Even have similar looking tuning software. Both are good ECU's.

With ECU that has MAP sensor, you need barometric compensation (adjust's for changes in altitude), IAT (Intake Air Temp and adjust's for cold weather or cold night's, hot days) sensor. PowerFC doesn't have it's own IAT sensor, it uses stock GTR IAT sensor. Also no barometric compensation for PowerFC. Link ECU has onboard barometric compensation. If Link ECU has it, so would Vi-pec ECU.

On some ECU's (HKS Fcon for example) to get barometric compensation, it requires buying an additional sensor, wiring loom.

ECU tune plays a big role in making ECU with MAP sensor setup work.
                            Last edited by Skym; 10-25-2010, 11:08 PM.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

^^^For the sake of daily driveability an ECU that provides compensation for temp and elevation is super important. The Greddy EMU didn't do this. I tuned my car on Van Isle and then drove to Calgary. Car ran super rich as soon as I hit the mountains and all the way to Calgary. Burned through three tanks of fuel and had to stop to let the Cat cool down a couple of times.

My opinion is stay with MAF's get a PFC and save your self some money.

PS: That was three tanks one way!!!
                              Last edited by Marke; 10-25-2010, 10:20 PM.
                              1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
                              www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X