No announcement yet.

stock boost restriction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya I should probably invest in a good boost gauge since I'm just planning on running it like this for the summer. Stock one doesn't tell me much

Comment

pics would be pretty nice!
      i'm not sure if my boost restrictor is disabled or not, there is a yellow line but it's snapped off and some kable fixer r on it.
      the turbo lag is just the anticipation of the boost pressure

Comment

i didnt make this red circle but thats the solenoid and the yellow line on the right hose is wher the restrictor is located i just cut the hose right under the line cause it seemed like a pain to try to fish it out of the hose. ther was enough hose ther that it didnt pull it tight or into anything.

Comment

thats how it looks on mine

so i guess my boost restrictor is removed and turbo is boosting up to 1 bar?

ahh i was wrong about the first pic, those lines was it i guess

but then, whats the other lines for?
          Last edited by FLYSKY; 05-30-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

It looks like your solenoid is gone? Do you have a boost controller? Looks odd to me but I'm no expert.

Comment

In the second pic, it looks like both lines are plugged?
              Originally posted by kengeroo
              that's what I thought when I opened the package..
              ...don't drink and ebay
              '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

yes, plugged with screws, i bought the car like this.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm off here but your solenoid is what basically tames your turbos and keeps them from maxing out and pushing as much boost through the system as they can. With your solenoid bypassed wouldn't your boost be very sporadic, and wouldn't you be pushing close to 20 ish psi? unless you have aftermarket or steel wheel rebuilt turbos this could be a ticking time bomb IMO but I'm no mechanic so maybe someone more experienced could shed some light on the subject?

Or perhaps whoever had it before you upgraded to an a.m. Solenoid or boost controller and just didn't remove the lines? Put it closer to your turbos? But then why plug the lines? Lol

Comment

More than likely had aftermarket controller/solenoid and the previous owner removed it and didn't replace it with anything...My GTR had a bunch of aftermarket stuff removed and replaced with GTS parts (hood/seats).
                    Originally posted by Snow
                    Sure a condom holds water but you don't see me drinking from one.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjerry73 View Post
                      I'm not sure if I'm off here but your solenoid is what basically tames your turbos and keeps them from maxing out and pushing as much boost through the system as they can. With your solenoid bypassed wouldn't your boost be very sporadic, and wouldn't you be pushing close to 20 ish psi? unless you have aftermarket or steel wheel rebuilt turbos this could be a ticking time bomb IMO but I'm no mechanic so maybe someone more experienced could shed some light on the subject?

Or perhaps whoever had it before you upgraded to an a.m. Solenoid or boost controller and just didn't remove the lines? Put it closer to your turbos? But then why plug the lines? Lol
                      Without any form of boost control should it not just run wastegate pressure?
                      BNR32- Sold
                      1998 Evolution V

Comment

from what i know the turbo's have the actuators so i guess the boost pressure is controlled there.
                        i dont have a boost controller on board and even no boost gauge, just got a triple meter gauge but still need to install it but also lookin for an aftermarket boost gauge 'coz 7 isnt enough on the meter

Comment

not %100 sure on this but i heard with the restrictor removed it's boosting at 10-11 psi but please correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

Ya from what I understand the wastegate would be the only thing controlling boost but what kind of boost are they set for from factory?

And with the restrictor removed it is pushing 1 Barr which is almost exactly 14.5 psi and 10.8 with the restrictor in to the best of my knowledge. All the info is based on the assumption that we are all talking about gtr specs

Comment

so am i running stock boost, 0.7bar or 1bar?

Comment

is this the same for gts-t??
                                1991 skyline GTS-T - first import/winter project

Comment

Working...
                                X