What kind of oils should i use??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of oils should i use??

Hey guys im planning on getting my oil changed, coolant changed, ps fluid changed, clutch, tranny, front and rear diffs, and transfer case oils all changed. Now is there any specific oils anyone recommends that are the best for my GTR? I want to do everything i can to keep it running at its best, thanks

before you get flammed for being a newb on here use the search button http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-tec...ment-list.html
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Just as a point of advice make sure you try searching before you post as many of these topics have been discussed several times. This will help keep you from getting flamed.

This is posted in the stickies in this section, I would use this as a starting point http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-tec...ment-list.html

After that I recommend searching for specific information on motor oil and trans fluid as there are a lot of opinions of what fluids you should use based on how you plan to run your car (track use etc.). Brands are always a heavily contested issue. Prepare yourself for the deluge when you do your search as there are many, many, many opinions on this.

Also I couldnt tell if you are asking what clutch is best to use or not but there are a lot of opinions on this topic as well so you would be best to do a search first.

Specific single topic questions will get you better responses here and help keep threads on topic and useful. Keep this in mind when you post to get the best answers.

Enjoy your new GTR! What year and model did you buy?
      1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
      Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

haha s*** sorry guys im new to using forums. But thanks a lot and ill keep that in mind. I bought a 1991 R32 Black GTR, super clean and well taken care of. I had a GTS-T and then an FD before this but I always kept going back to how much i love the R32 GTR so i had to get one! Im trying my best to learn everything i can about the RB26

Comment

Engine oil viscousity depends on oiltemp. Read Opie oil website as they have a PDF that explains what viscousity to use based on application, oiltemps. Like for example, W50 (for example 15W50 that Nismo use) is better for racetrack, as can last longer with higher oiltemps that engine encounters when thrashing. Where as most road going stock engines can get away with a W30 or W40 as oiltemps aren't that high. The 5W, 10W, etc is the cold start rating and is worked out differently.

Gearbox oil, most use Castrol, including Nissan dealerships downunder due to gearbox shift's better with this oil. The Redline, etc products can leave a film on parts that quietens down parts, makes it hard to shift, etc and I think gearbox rebuilders don't recommend using them because of this (Also I gather they don't like cleaning it up when rebuilding them). Like engine, gearbox oiltemps play a role. Same with transfer case.

With diffheads, just like engine, use the correct viscousity for oiltemps and change it out.

Brake fluid, powersteering, etc fluid is all the same, as temps of fluid affect them. Without knowing the temps, you have to go by what viscousity or type of fluid some use for application (road, racetrack, etc).
          Last edited by Skym; 02-09-2011, 08:08 PM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
          X