Single twin best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single twin best

Hey guys! Sorry for the misleading title. I made it for searching purpose in the future.
    I've had my build in my head since... Too long!! I need a GTR FFS.
    Anyways, I would like your opinion on which turbo setup would you choose.

Criteria : Response, Top end , 500 whp and the less important... price. Baller status is not a issue

Twin 2860-5 w/cast mani. All time favs.!!!

Or the new challenger

GT3582r twin scroll w/ twin scroll mani. Even the GTX35R

I've heard a GT35 w/ twin scroll can spool as fast as a GT3071 or GT3076 (Don't know much about these snails) but the top end of the 35r.

There's not many GTR's with a GT35... Or is it me?

I don't find this is a lazy thread. There's is a lot of people with hp goals close too 500 whp and a twin vs single debate. This thread w/ good title will help some one at some time. Had to justify myself lol
    2860-5's
    70.00%
    GT3582r
    12.50%
    GTX3582r
    17.50%
    Last edited by GTRADDICT; 03-10-2011, 07:47 PM.
    03 lancer dead
    68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
    05 chevy silverado L33
    2010 crv Wife's ride
    1987 Harley Softail custom

There are dyno plots of a car that switched from -5's to a gt35r 1.04 ts and the dyno is near identical the whole way. the 35r actually out spools it a tiny bit but the -5's have slightly more power.

Everyone says twins will always beat singles for response but the GTR community seems to only compare the "kits" like a T88 or T04z. -5's outspool any single turbo kit but that is because all those singles are rated for much higher horsespower. If you compare a single that flows the same as a set of twins the results are very comparable.

Look at supra's or rx7's. Pretty much all of them switch to single, even the road race guys.

that being said I think you should check out the new BW turbos. the new EFR 8374 spools the same as a gt35r but makes 100whp on top of it. or even a efr7670 should make 500hp and spool like crazy.

I'm running a gt4088r on a 2.6 right now and I've been in and compared dynos with someone with gt-rs's on a 2.6. both turbos are rated for the same amount of horsepower and on the same dyno we hit pretty much the same number. the differnce was that i was 50 lb/ft ahead of him for most of the time and carried the power longer.

Comment

Yeah I read that tread last week. There was not much difference. It seems there is far less development for small twin turbos (GT28) then singles, EFR series, Precision, garrett etc. Are small twins outdated? I say small twin because a Ford GT Runs Twin GT35r lol.
      03 lancer dead
      05 chevy silverado L33
      2010 crv Wife's ride

Comment

gtx35 spool like a regular gt3076 !!! its a nice turbo

i was going EFR before i found out my engine was blowned again
        DrifterToyz Team

AV FABRICATION (514) 885-2884
        TK RACE HEADS (514) 920-0094

Runing me Broke RB power FTMFW !!!
        HELLAFLUSH offset is everything !!!

Comment

Originally posted by rbs14 View Post
          gtx35 spool like a regular gt3076 !!! its a nice turbo

i was going EFR before i found out my engine was blowned again
          Which EFR?
          03 lancer dead
          05 chevy silverado L33
          2010 crv Wife's ride

Comment

i was looking to have 500whp with BC 272 cams and all the other parts that were on my car !!!

i talked to full-race and they sugested me the : BorgWarner EFR 7670 (T4,0.92a/r,twinscroll,WG)

but personaly i was scared of it being to lagy for my drift car ... i was also looking into the EFR 7064 (T4,0.92a/r,twinscroll,WG)

PS: i also looked alot into the Precision 6262 but was more interested in the EFR for the BOV /WG and boost controler integrated in the turbo)
            DrifterToyz Team

Comment

I think the simplicity and ease of working in the engine bay are 2 strong points for a single set up.
              oh hai!

Comment

Originally posted by Black BNR32 View Post
                I think the simplicity and ease of working in the engine bay are 2 strong points for a single set up.
                Makes sense. I know if I would go single, the manifold would set me back 800-1000$ minimum for a good one. (not ebay, no offense, just don't want those as important parts on a gtr). So that's turning me off...
                03 lancer dead
                05 chevy silverado L33
                2010 crv Wife's ride

Comment

6 boost manifold = 1000 to 1200 depends of what you want and the canadien money vs australien money
                  DrifterToyz Team

Comment

Im putting in an order for 6boost ! jump in !
                    My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Im currently running Twin GT2860R - 707160 - 7's on a R33 GTR engine. Next step : top mount these twins ! It spool great, and i love them !

EDIT:
                      Last edited by Goodlucks7even; 03-10-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

yeah im debating the same thing right now..

i was gonna get the Tomei B7660's, which were perfect for my application, plus i can get them for stupid cheap, but Tomei in all their wiseness decided to discontinue them, and are coming out with 2 new journal bearing turbos instead, which are either too small, or too large for my build.

so now im deciding whether to just go with a pair of 2860-5's like everyone and their dog, or go with a full race/ 35R setup, id like the single for its simplicity, but that means id have to sell all my twin turbo stuff (hks hardpipe, hks intake pipe, trust turbo outlet extensions, divided TT pipe, plus i just got everything polished too...........) ...which sounds like a huge hassle.

unless someone wants to make it easy for me and wants to buy all my badass twin turbo stuff

Comment

the GTX line up looks great!

Comment

I've got a RB30 I'm going to be using for time attacks and HPDE. I have the choice between modifying my trust twin turbo top mount manifolds for twin EFR6258's or keep my custom T4 TS manifold for a EFR 8374.

I choose to keep it single because I don't believe there is enough evidence in twin vs single debate to make it worth the extra complexity and under hood heat of twins. For a high horsepower street car that wants the bling factor the top mounts are great. I'm gonna be selling them soon if anyone is interested.

for me singles everytime. unless I was going for bling.

Comment

HKS top mount single turbo manifold FTW!!! I stuck with Twins cause most turbo cars around here are singles. Had to +1 them somehow, even if i have the least amount of power

If I could take it back now, I would have gone twin scroll single cause it's cheaper, less shuffle, better response/top end, less weight, better looking in engine bay, list goes on. Then again, I also should have gone RB30 from rips but that's all too late now. Maybe next year lol.

I say Rb30 with top mount single, more pros than twins.
                              Last edited by NismoS-tune; 03-11-2011, 05:18 AM.
                              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X