removing the factory front strut brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing the factory front strut brace

whats my chances of removing this and replacing the nuts back on the struts without screwing up the front alignment ?

any tips ?

seems like a simple job !

dude.. really?

if you need to take the strut bar off, do it, its not going to alter anything
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Yea really

With my last car , removing the strut bar meant removing the nuts attaching the strut to the tower , this meant the struts could move slightly putting out the front alignment slightly as there was adjustment in that area.

Because i have not taken the front of a slyline apart before , i just wanted to make sure that this is not the case.

I live 200klm from a shop that can realign it properly and for what i want to do it could be a struggle to do it in place , just easier with it gone.

We dont all live in a city dude

Comment

i don't get why you would think the alignment would be out of wack just by removing the nuts, the struts themselves don't move at all, and theres to give between the holes on the strut tower and the strut's studs

you could even go as far as thaking the strut completely off the car, putting them back on without making changes to the alignment
        sigpic

Comment

cool thats the info i needed.

I havn't even looked at the suspension setup on my car since i got it and am not yet familiar with it's geometry.

On some vehicles , adjusting the strut top mount puts out other adjustments like the camber , caster angle (for example an 88 mustang).

I just wanted to be safe not sorry

Comment

Let's not forget that the strut has nothing to do with the alignment on a Skyline. These are not part of the suspension like a McPherson strut, they only hold the car up.

Jon.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Thats awesome because i have a set of zeal functions that need the top bushing replaced and maybe a rebuild , anywhere local to have this done ?

Comment

I drove around for a few days with no nuts on my strut bolts. When I noticed the them missing, I was like . No harm was done or alignments thrown out.
                1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
                www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

^^ but pants were shat in
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                    ^^ but pants were shat in
                    I lol'd
                    Originally posted by kengeroo
                    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                    ...don't drink and ebay
                    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Working...
                    X