Removing oil "cooler" and going single - coolant hose redirection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing oil "cooler" and going single - coolant hose redirection

Im pretty shure that 1 and 2 are connecting in the back of the engine and going for turbo coolling! (Not shure why they didn't use the port from the other side of the block!)

3 and 4 are going to the heater core!

Since im going single turbo and it won't be a water cooled one, im thinking to plug both (1 & 2) of this ports!

Or, should i reroute port number one to eather 3 or 4???
    What do you guys say?
    Last edited by tryingtobebest; 10-23-2014, 12:01 PM.
    TTBB is a true ACN member

4 goes and 3 returns.

just think of where they come from....
    4. comes from the upper rad hose by the thermostat and its up top. Bottom returns to lower rad hose following the coolant flow. what i've done on a race engine was run a big ol hose from the stat housing to the rear. You can pull out that fitting and tap it for an an fitting. then I think it was a -12an hose to the rear fitting. It worked great and it deleted everything.
    ALLEN PETERSEN
    Number (604) 961-2449
    4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
    RB30`s for sale!

Comment

Thanks alot Allen, so i can basically close all 4 ports ( 1 and 2 and the 2 for the oil "cooler") and most likely be fine?

Comment

While you're becoming the best, replace those rusty hose ends and stuff
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Very good info! Jdms13rhd can you get a photo possibly?
          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

cant you just put a loop a rubber tube from 3 to 4 since one is in the other is out ? Im sorry because I dont really understand what jdms13rhd is saying .

Comment

Ok, people are asking me of how I ended up doing this on my set up. Since im going single and my turbo is not water cooled, I do not need all the coolant feed hoses in the back or under the manifold! Also, im using independent boost controller which sits behind ABS so i can also remove all the vacuum hose and waste gate feed hoses!
              So, i plugged port #1 with the "condom" plug (that can be easily found on pick n pull on Second, Third and even Fourh gen of Sentra)
              I left alone #3 and #4, since they are going through the heater core in your car!
              #2, #2B and #3B *(not on the first picture, see photo below) are all cutted flat, for easiness of things and welded shut
              *(#3B is not cutted it is just welded shut, in case im ever going to install watercooled turbo this where im going to use my turbo coolant feed from, will have to cut only half a centimeter)

Many people are recommending getting new pipe because looksl ike mine is rusted, WHO CARES what it looks like, iwould not spend whatever money it cost to get new "shiny" one!

EDIT: Forgot to say that ports #2B and #3B are used for "Oil Cooler" to which im never goint back to!

Pics:

Last edited by tryingtobebest; 10-01-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X