Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under plenum RB26 coolant hoses. Where the heck does this one go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under plenum RB26 coolant hoses. Where the heck does this one go?

Searched around the net, didn't find anything.

Here's some pictures. The lefthand fitting is connected to the one in the other picture but the fitting on the right I have no clue where it connects. Can't seem to find any unconnected fittings elsewhere... any help is great!

Edit: nevermind haha, looked closer and moved stuff around, found the fitting which went under the intake runners.
    Last edited by Bruizer; 05-27-2011, 07:02 PM.
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Do you run a single turbo setup ? Because (I dont ahve the engine in front of me) I think they are coolant line for the turbos...

Comment

I built twin for ultimate response. The hose eventually feeds the turbos but this is on the intake side where the distibution pipe is.
      No build thread.
      1991 nissan
      El terror

Comment

Here is the thread, where i reroute my coolant hoses, that hose goes to the #1 port circled on my pic in the first post!)

TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

Originally posted by tryingtobebest View Post
          Here is the thread, where i reroute my coolant hoses, that hose goes to the #1 port circled on my pic in the first post!)

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-tec...direction.html
          Yes, I found it shortly after starting the thread, as per my edit... Thanks tho! I too deleted the oil cooler but I used new OEM hoses and pipes all around
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

Comment

Thanks alot tryingtobebest great info.

Comment

I know this a major thread revival, but I am interested in details on this subject as well. It is my understanding that there 3 return paths for the turbochargers on the RB26, one at the upper rad hose nipple, and the 2 pictured above. One of those pictured above goes to the heater hose manifold below the plenum, the other goes to a nipple attached to the cast aluminum inlet manifold. I’m guessing these are to provide flow for the turbos when the thermostat is opened or closed. I am retaining the front return, but I am interested if either of the rear ones can be eliminated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X