test drive = FAIL! please provide feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test drive = FAIL! please provide feedback

ok ladies and gents please provide some feedback on what you think as i am pretty bummed out after my test drive tonight.

So when i fired up my car and idled it, no problem. I just finished putting in new diff fluid, bleeding the attessa system, changing the brakes, and did a complete check over for leaks and whatever could be loose and not tightened. So I finished doing all of that and i pull my car off the hoist, no problems at all still everything worked and sounded great.

Now heres when it gets good. I take it around the block and drive it to the top of first, it got up there alot slower than it should and there wasn't alot of pull at all. My awd light is on, I'm thinking wtf why is this on, i just did the awd system as per one of the diy on gtrc and everything looked great. Anyways so i thought it was just the awd system not working so i would have rwd. I get back to my shop and tell the gf to get in so i could take her for a little stroll around the block, once doing this i get to the end of the block and notice i have a cloud of white smoke gathering up behind my car coming out the exhaust. At this point my gf is hiding for dear life because im that pissed off, well not really but you know what i mean. I get back to the shop and when i put it in gear the car tries to stall out and i did stall it twice(not because of driver skill).

Also my abs light is on..... if say one plug wasn't hooked up would it throw off the entire system?

Im a little upset because i swapped the turboes out, new spark plugs and new everything on the exhaust side, intake side was already together. Now im just wondering what the heck i did wrong and where i should even start to fix my problem! I will go out again tomorrow to try and work out some stuff but want to get some ideas flowing so i can start somewhere and hopefully get some results out of it.

guys I'm just trying to figure this out so i can bring my skyline to the meet on saturday. please help me out!
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

White smoke? Coolant (HG) or rich smoke? No idea for the other problems.
    03 lancer dead
    68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
    05 chevy silverado L33
    2010 crv Wife's ride
    1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Coolant in exhaust. HG. if it's new, I'm guessing cometic?
      No build thread.
      1991 nissan
      El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Hg isn't new but the engine recently had one done. I'm wondering if one of the lines on the intake side are backwards or whatever. I am goin to go over everyone tomorrow.

As for the awd I really don't know where to start. Right now my main concern is getting the car to run right and get the dam power steering to work properly

Comment

Hey man if you need pictures let me know. Im putting the head back on tomorrow if I get all the hoses, wires and hicas(delete) cleaned up. Im changing all the hoses underneath. Let me know!

Good luck.
          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Yes please! That would be of greAt help man.

Comment

I've seen it happen where a small coolant hose was mistaken for a vacuum hose and routed to the intake. I'm not sure how GTR's are set up in terms of cold start throttle heaters or stuff like that, but it can be very easy to mix things up if you aren't careful.

I'd also pull off your rad cap and start the car, watch the coolant for bubbling, that would be your first check for a head gasket.

As for the AWD/ABS, yes one fault will throw off the entire system. As soon as the computer sets a code, your ABS will be disabled and if it's wheel sensor related you will lose your AWD as well.

Comment

Hopefully you can get it up and running, man! If worst comes to worse, could always pull the AWD fuse and RWD it to the meet if you can get everything else fixed
                Originally posted by kengeroo
                that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                ...don't drink and ebay
                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Celica kid this is very good to know. I am oijg to take a look at things tonight and make sure everything is looking ok. I hope to find the problem tonight.

And snake, the thing is if it doesn't pass an etest which in this state I'm very doubtful then it won't make it there

Comment

Check turbos too. This is another location where coolant is near exhaust.
                    Dan
                    sigpic
                    The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Turboes should be fine as I just took them out and put new ones back in. Now I have hks 2540's. Install was good and no leaks. I'm going to look further tonight and hopefully find out all the problems

Comment

If memory serves there is a link between the ABS and the ATTESSA system. When I select my ATTESSA off my ABS light comes on. Check fuses and check that little wire under the kick panel on the drivers side (the one that is disconnected for bleeding the ATTESSA system). Perhaps it came disconnected or was overlooked.
                        Not enough information to come up with ideas on the white smoke. Good luck buddy!

Comment

i vote coolant line melting near the turbos
                          oh hai!

Comment

I have an abs light on and my awd still works. The attessa unit will fault if you lose abs but won't affect awd. Code 8 flashes for me but w/e. Abs is for people that don't know their car limits
                            No build thread.
                            1991 nissan
                            El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Try resetting your ECU!

Comment

Working...
                              X