No announcement yet.

Does a non-restirctive resonator exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a non-restirctive resonator exist?

Hey everyone, I really want to AutoX but my car hits 94dB from 100 feet away and its too loud and they wont let me run again till its quieter I need to try to find a way to quiet it down with next to no restriction. I had a resonator in the car when I bought it and when I took it out it was WAY quicker so im worried ill loose that performance if I put one back in. Does a resonator exist that 3.5" or larger INNER diameter? Thanks in advance guys!

Exhaust specs: HKS Dump pipes to a Greddy Trust downpipe to a 3.5" Kakimoto straight exhaust to the cannon.

resonator can be straight but I guess you will have to buy like 2 resonators to make it quieter. I have one on my car and the difference is minimal.
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Ya the resonator I took out was was straight as well. Its at the bottom of my for sale post:

Comment

I would think the sudden change in diameter with that resonator slows down the exhaust gas.

One solution is a Coby resonator -

Looking for a well qualified and experienced physiotherapist in Auckland? Call Mt Albert Physiotherapy Clinic on (09) 846 8187 today.

Or contact them directly and see if they can make it in the diameter you want -

Coby Performance Exhausts and Mufflers. GENUINE COBY MUFFLERS Cobys are manufacturers of genuine Coby Mufflers, over 80 types of Extractors, Big Bore Exhaust Systems, Chrome and Stainless - finda New Zealand

Probably need more than one Coby or long enough Coby to drop sound level enough.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

If you want cheap, buy a glass pack. It may not lower it enough tho.
          “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Glasspacks are just clear right through. I don't think it'll make any difference for him
            Originally posted by kengeroo
            that's what I thought when I opened the package..
            ...don't drink and ebay
            '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

What's a glasspack? I've actually never heard of that term before

Comment

Cherry Bomb glasspacks. They're straight through resonators. My buddy used to have them on his Crown Vic before it got smashed into.

Video of it. 0:48 he revs it up. They sound pretty decent
                ...don't drink and ebay
                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Do you know what the largest diameter Cherry Bombs come in? I worked at Canadian Tire many years and remember selling them and only ever seeing small sizes.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the biggest they have is 4" inlet/outlet, so that's not too bad
                    ...don't drink and ebay
                    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Thats perfect for what i want. Ok ill check it out, thanks. Ill let ya know it goes

Comment

I wonder if it would quiet it down enough if its a 4" straight back Resonator, id expect so. I hit 94Db at 100 feet and I have to be under 92dB at 50 feet :S

Comment

Cherry Bomb glasspacks, Coby look like the same thing but different brand name???
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I didn't read the thread at all. But magnaflows are straight through, stainless steel, and cheap as hell. Get a 7" round or whatever else you think will fit and put one in. They're very quiet, and high quality. I don't buy any other kind of muffler anymore.
                            1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                            2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                            2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

This would work, but im trying to keep the sound my Titanium Kakimoto cannon makes. This might be the only way to go though :P

Comment

Working...
                              X